Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 9,102 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Ashby mariner
October 10, 2021, 6:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
https://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11162

Fair and balanced veiw of us on the Woking forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
aldi_01
October 10, 2021, 6:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How times have changed…most of us would’ve put waterfall out the entire squad after last season…now they’re saying he was excellent.

It’s always good to see other teams compliment you and I think they have a very balanced view. I’d have taken a point after the week we’ve had but always happy with three points.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
LH
October 10, 2021, 8:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Ashby mariner
https://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11162

Fair and balanced veiw of us on the Woking forum.

The second opposition in a week to call us the champions-elect. That is really good to read/makes me so nervous going forward.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 9:30am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I was surprised by the crowd. See the table on p2 of that thread. Their biggest in the league for yonks. 4th overall biggest in the league. Only bigger one this century was against Aldershot (as were most of their other big crowds).

OK 900 we’re us, but 3500 of them is still good for this division.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
ginnywings
October 10, 2021, 11:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I was surprised by the crowd. See the table on p2 of that thread. Their biggest in the league for yonks. 4th overall biggest in the league. Only bigger one this century was against Aldershot (as were most of their other big crowds).

OK 900 we’re us, but 3500 of them is still good for this division.

We are even boosting the home crowds of other teams. They can't resist the pull of the Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
GrimRob
October 10, 2021, 11:24am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Woking's second-highest attendance this millennium, and fourth in their entire history. Not bad for a league game in October against a side 200 miles away.  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 44
forza ivano
October 10, 2021, 11:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from GrimRob
Woking's second-highest attendance this millennium, and fourth in their entire history. Not bad for a league game in October against a side 200 miles away.  

and it should be 200+ on that figure quoted - Krsitine is adamant that there were 110 there and there are loads of reports of them giving up on scanning tickets and just letting people in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
TownSNAFU5
October 10, 2021, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,861
Gold Stars: 42
In the NLP today their manager said that he had no complaints as we are a good team.  

I read somewhere that we have the best stats for regaining possession.  We work so hard to do this.

The manager of our next league opponents Yeovil had some very scathing comments about his team:

“That was dross some of it.  The front four looked like children really and some players have slipped out of form.  It was a little alarming to say the least.  We were useless up front for 60 mins.  

We deserved the booing from the fans at the end.  It was just so weak and we were not comfortable having the ball and being brave.  First half it was like having a mouth without teeth.  It was soft.  We could not keep the ball in the final third.  I could have taken all 4 midfielders off.  We were weak”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Son of Cod
October 10, 2021, 12:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Was a tough game for our usual attacking outlets to get into, so full credit has to go to the entire defence who I thought were excellent. Without them yesterday we might well have not been in a position from which we could have won it in the 87th minute. I thought everyone worked incredibly hard but that the likes of Hunt, Fox and McAtee struggled to get time on the ball. Fantastic support again, great reaction to Clifton's goal. These day outs are an absolute pleasure right now. Also what a response to the defeat at Bromley. Three wins out of three since then, well done to the whole team. Every single player is stepping up right now.

Quoted from ska face
They were the biggest side I’ve ever seen, absolute freakshow, was like the team of monsters in Space Jam.

Yep, their number 6 made Waterfall look like normal sized. Absolutely huge team, who nullified our threat from corners just like Maidenhead did. In fact they were similar to Maidenhead defensively but perhaps didn't press us as well as they did but the flip side of that was that Woking were better on the ball and posed more of a threat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Les Brechin
October 10, 2021, 1:06pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from forza ivano

and it should be 200+ on that figure quoted - Krsitine is adamant that there were 110 there and there are loads of reports of them giving up on scanning tickets and just letting people in

I'm fairly sure there were more than that there.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.