NewtoN
October 9, 2021, 8:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Interview with Bapaga on the Coventry City website. Enjoy  

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/interview-will-bapaga-talks-grimsby-town-loan/

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
October 9, 2021, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Had a feeling he was one of our covid cases, I thought he was excellent on Tuesday, mad to see how much he’s improved in his short time here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Poojah
October 9, 2021, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,152
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from pontoonlew
Had a feeling he was one of our covid cases, I thought he was excellent on Tuesday, mad to see how much he’s improved in his short time here

Yep, probably the only player I was slightly underwhelmed by in his first couple of appearances in the context of what the Cov fans had to say about him.

Having now found his feet he’s been getting better by the game and I really think he will be one of our key players this season. In him and Sousa, there will be plenty of penalties and opposition red cards to come.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
jamesgtfc
October 9, 2021, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Certainly explains why it took a while to see him and then he was a little bit underwhelming to begin with.

I've said all along that the Bapaga we see I'm May will be a completely different player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
acko338
October 9, 2021, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
All of the attacking players are grabbing the idea of making the better pass at the right time, to make openings for goals and also knowing that they need to keep moving to receive the killer pass to score themselves.

Both Bapaga and Souza will be great providers but can also be at the receiving end.

It's the last pass judgement to find the better placed player to score that still needs their attention.

If they both click with fine judgements, this could be an exciting high scoring season.

The way we have been scoring, there could be 7 or 8 players on 8 to 10 goals each if we keep playing and harassing teams as we have been doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
headingly_mariner
October 9, 2021, 2:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
That explains it! In his first couple of games he looked like he’d won a squad number in a raffle and then the last couple of games he’s been a proper threat.

He has the potential to be majorly effective at this level, I can’t imagine that many teams in this league are stronger in the wide areas than us.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
RonMariner
October 9, 2021, 6:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
With him coming into form and Max back in the squad we have some great attacking options, and Grant and Scannell to come too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will Bapaga Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.