Grantham_Mariner
October 8, 2021, 7:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Well, on paper he looks like he has more than enough experience for this level. Looking forward to see how he gets on tomorrow vs Hereford.

If he does OK I am sure a deal can be done so you keep him.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
fishboyUTM
October 8, 2021, 9:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Think you can over analyse sometimes. He's been excellent against us in the past. I remember watching him run the Swindon midfield at BP three seasons ago. He was playing for a crackpot manager without a clue last season before Hurst came but it was clear to me early on that his legs had gone, he's nearly 34. Another one we signed past their best under the previous regime that delivered nothing but misery and abject failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2021, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Like Waterfall, probably capable of much better than he showed when with us last season. I might be going very soft, but I’m tempted to exonerate most of last season’s squad in that they were playing for a fraud till Christmas.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Grimal
October 8, 2021, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Seen he hasn’t done much at your place over the last few seasons.

Will he do a job at our level?

If you have a darts team ,yes he could do a good job for you. With the training he had last year he should be fit after all the walking up and down from the oche.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
toontown
October 9, 2021, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Last season he was mostly ponderous, slow to turn, and panic stricken when run at in the box, but with a very occasional classy pass. His legs have gone and he is most definitely past it BUT may have enough about him to still do a job with you guys, it's 2 levels lower than what we were watching him at.

Needs to be in a midfield 3 though. Passes mostly side ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
pontoonlew
October 9, 2021, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Rose got more stick than most because of his mad views on the world and the fact his pedigree suggests he should’ve been way better than he was.

In terms of ability there were loads of players worse than him and he had 2-3 pretty good games (looked miles better when Matete came in). I’ve no doubt he’d have been better in a better team and if his attitude was right he’d probably be an asset at this level, never mind the one below. But as we all know, Hurst values personalities as much as abilities and he seems like a bit of a excrement house.

Hope he does well and they want him permanently, for all parties sake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
ginnywings
October 9, 2021, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Don't know if he played or not but Darlo won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Abdul19
October 9, 2021, 7:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Came on for the last 9 minutes.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Rhys_Mariners
October 9, 2021, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Came on in the 81st minute
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Kris2
October 9, 2021, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pontoonlew
Rose got more stick than most because of his mad views on the world and the fact his pedigree suggests he should’ve been way better than he was.

In terms of ability there were loads of players worse than him and he had 2-3 pretty good games (looked miles better when Matete came in). I’ve no doubt he’d have been better in a better team and if his attitude was right he’d probably be an asset at this level, never mind the one below. But as we all know, Hurst values personalities as much as abilities and he seems like a bit of a excrement house.

Hope he does well and they want him permanently, for all parties sake.

There are probably other players we expected to go who have been kept on by Hurst and done well, the coaches are the ones who see the team all week so probably have a good idea by now of what the squad needs and who works in it. The ones who were either seen as not good enough or troublemakers are out on loan or gone by now except maybe one who seems to be sitting out his contract or nobody wants him. None of the ones who left or went on loan after being told they can go are setting the world on fire; Payne is still regarded as lazy by Chesterfield fans, Gibson failing to impress much at Stourbridge, the only one who seems to be sort of impressing is George Williams at Barrow even if he's been a bit part player with injury issues. Oh I guess Jackson Jr scored on his debut then got sent off in his next game so jury still out.

I think the people we added to the squad have been miles better than the ones Hurst wanted to let go.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.