Private Message
AndyDarloFC
October 8, 2021, 3:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Seen he hasn’t done much at your place over the last few seasons.

Will he do a job at our level?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 31
Ipswin
October 8, 2021, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Playing football or flipping the burgers?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
Garth
October 8, 2021, 3:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Probably who knows, given a run he could turn out to be a success, like some of the supposedly no hopers that have turned out stars for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
diehardmariner
October 8, 2021, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,392
Gold Stars: 532
So the obvious go to here is that here's a player who contributed incredibly little to the worst side in the Football League last year.  A player so poor that he struggled to get into the match day squad when we failed to name a full bench and had youth team lads on there.

That said, how many players were excrement last season?  How many offered absolutely nothing at all?  I'll tell you, the vast majority.  Luke Waterfall has been a rock for us so far this campaign, an absolute rock.  He wins everything at both ends, he's leading by example, he's justifiably keeping a fans favourite out the side.... yet he too was absolutely abysmal last season.  Abysmal is probably kind too.

The point is that any player performance last season are pretty much null and void.  We had no preparation, no coaching, no tactical guidance, no motivation, nothing.  The more and more that came out of the dressing room post-Holloway was that it was chaos.  

Danny Rose came here with a good pedigree.  Fans of several clubs commented that they were surprised he'd dropped to League Two and predicted he would be good for us.  Under a decent manager and set-up from the beginning, he probably would be.

Now, we can argue that he's got some interesting theories.  Personally I don't think 5G phone masts are going to cause my head to explode or is there a wider conspiracy behind vaccinations.  But it's his choice.  That doesn't mean he wasn't a good footballer before coming here.

When he played last season I thought he was ok.  Bit of a by-stander at times but he wasn't the worst player I saw in a Town shirt.  Giles Coke came in and showed what we actually needed from a holding midfielder and it was an upgrade on Rose.  That said, Coke had the benefit of spending the first half of the season training with a more professional outfit than what Rose had (yes, Conference North side Hereford).  

Hurst clearly doesn't fancy him and he's entitled to that opinion.  I wouldn't expect Rose to ever get anywhere near our side, even if we had the biggest injury crisis ever.  But that doesn't mean he's that bad.  In a 3-man midfield with a job of sitting in front of the back four and recycling play, he's alright.  Quietly effective without managing anything spectacular.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Maringer
October 8, 2021, 4:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,386
Gold Stars: 184
All I seem to remember about him (from the handful of games I had the chance to watch last season), was that he looked to pass the ball around nicely but was liable to give it away needlessly and then lunge in with a stupid challenge to try and regain possession. Gave away a couple of stupid penalties in the games I watched (I think it was a couple).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
forza ivano
October 8, 2021, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
i'm hoping Danny '5g' Rose will be an immediate and stunning success for you Andy, with the result that you immediately sign him on a permanent basis

Think i'm right in saying he was part of two Div 2 promotion sides before joining us. On that basis he will surely be bloody good in Conference North

As someone on our Whatsapp group has just said - harsh on Darlo; we get the rampaging Sousa and they get  Danny 'fruitcake' Rose!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Rhys_Mariners
October 8, 2021, 4:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
To be fair, when we signed him i was really excited. I was working down south and asked a Swindon friend and he said Rose was fantasic and would be a great player for us, i think it's just been a culmination of things and he will probably end up doing well for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
moosey_club
October 8, 2021, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Easy target for the boo boys but he didnt have alot around him, looked classy at times, like to play to feet which with some of his counterparts unable to read or control a pass made him look worse than I actually think he was.

Came in at what turned out to be a disastrous time for the club and then suffered a managerial change with a style and approach not suited to his style and fitness levels.

Put him in the right formation with time and space and I think he could be pretty influential

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
GollyGTFC
October 8, 2021, 4:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,992
Gold Stars: 356
Are Darlo semi-pro? If they are it will be ideal because he’ll have plenty of time to spout conspiracy theory nonsense on social media.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.