18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim up north
October 7, 2021, 10:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
It’s took a while but looks like we are finally getting a team that matches the quality of support this club has. A new stadium is not the priority but needs to be considered now more than ever as fans are attracted that previously have never been tempted to a Saturday of football.
On your travels what stadiums or facilities have impressed that would be the next step.Last Saturday we probably lost customers due to limited seats, restricted views, seats open to the elements, limited bar facilities with lack of toilets etc.
For me, if were looking to progress to the divisions above we need to be able to capitalise on the potential this club has,but keep away from the stale Doncaster or Scunny  style design of equal stands, and aim  more towards Rotherham’s New York that gives one larger home stand with a volume of noise with the added capability of the revenue of 4000 away fans such as Boro,Yorkshire clubs etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
October 7, 2021, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Lets just focus on getting out this league for the time being
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 175
WetFlannel
October 7, 2021, 10:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Agreed RE: Rotherham having a great example of a new Stadium  . In an ideal world, with money as no object, we’d find a way of buying out local residents to expand and modernise BP. As the new owners said, we don’t need a new stadium right now, but I’d like to imagine they’ve got thoughts about it for 5 or so years down the line if our fortunes change. For now, I think it’s a great idea to fill the corners, either those green seats or some form of standing, just a way of being able to have all sides of the ground filled when need be. If, later on, We’re higher up the league system and need a new stadium, then as long as it’s somewhat unique to us and not generic I’d be happy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 175
HertsGTFC
October 7, 2021, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Grim up north
It’s took a while but looks like we are finally getting a team that matches the quality of support this club has. A new stadium is not the priority but needs to be considered now more than ever as fans are attracted that previously have never been tempted to a Saturday of football.
On your travels what stadiums or facilities have impressed that would be the next step.Last Saturday we probably lost customers due to limited seats, restricted views, seats open to the elements, limited bar facilities with lack of toilets etc.
For me, if were looking to progress to the divisions above we need to be able to capitalise on the potential this club has,but keep away from the stale Doncaster or Scunny  style design of equal stands, and aim  more towards Rotherham’s New York that gives one larger home stand with a volume of noise with the added capability of the revenue of 4000 away fans such as Boro,Yorkshire clubs etc.

Like you say it’s not the priority, getting out of the National League is. One thing I do agree with you is that we are losing some revenue as catering and refreshments are still a challenge to access at times but that’s not a scenario that’s is unique to GTFC and is be amazed if that stopped people coming to games.

Do we need better? Yes of course but there are other pressing needs before relocating takes up anyone’s bandwidth.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 175
Grim up north
October 7, 2021, 10:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
I’ve been a regular since the 70’s and grew up in the shadow of Blundell Park so would love to see if developed as it’s packed with history, but just looking at recent times and people at work going for the first time , taking family and spending £80 on shirts etc, do we need to be looking at capturing the current feel good factor and running with it. I get the team takes priority but do we really want to miss a trick here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 175
forza ivano
October 7, 2021, 11:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,108
Gold Stars: 265
they are doing as much as they can - they've only had 5 home games, and the first 2 were 'only' 5000.
Immediately they saw a tick up in sales they opened the Osmond. And the fact that the Ossie has still got a lot of spare capacity shows that we are not selling out,as there are still several hundred seats available

ps rather than missing a trick they've improved the food, the drinks, merchandise, the ticketing & the entire atmosphere. So much so that my guestimate is that they are c£150,000 up on their home crowd budget (and with Yeovil and Notts Co coming up that it will ony increase)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 175
Grim up north
October 7, 2021, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
they are doing as much as they can - they've only had 5 home games, and the first 2 were 'only' 5000.
Immediately they saw a tick up in sales they opened the Osmond. And the fact that the Ossie has still got a lot of spare capacity shows that we are not selling out,as there are still several hundred seats available

ps rather than missing a trick they've improved the food, the drinks, merchandise, the ticketing & the entire atmosphere. So much so that my guestimate is that they are c£150,000 up on their home crowd budget (and with Yeovil and Notts Co coming up that it will ony increase)

I’m not talking if the great work done in such a short time, more what can be done to move on from this and snowball the feel good factor around the town at the minute. The fact that we’re selling away end tickets and having just restricted and single seats left in the home ends in such a short space of time shows the potential.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 175
Oly1987
October 8, 2021, 12:31am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
If it does get to the point where we are selling out consistently maybe they would look at putting seats in the corner of the main/osmond. Longer term if we are set to stay at BP i think replacing the roof of the main and Osmond with a roof that doesn't require massive obscuring supports would be nice. pipedream stuff I know but if the questions being asked thats my answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 175
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2021, 1:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Looks like we've got a while yet before we really sell out all available seats. Most sets of away fans can be accommodated in the corner of the Osmond. Even in League 2.

All that space need so be consistently full before space really becomes a problem.

it's early days yet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 175
BeijingMariner
October 8, 2021, 2:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Grim up north
It’s took a while but looks like we are finally......

For me this is a good example of forward thinking. No need to be down on someone for doing this and telling them that we should focus on getting out of the league, that goes without saying and other than going to matches, we don't have a great deal of input. This wider ranging club development, however is a different thing; we can contribute, we should; ideas, however fanciful are the lifeblood of  development and growth. I applaud you, Mr Grim, keep going

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 175
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plans for the future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.