aldi_01
October 9, 2021, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I remember watching Town at St James' Park in what's now the championship in the early 90's and there being something like 13k there. A lot of self-aggrandisement with that fanbase.

Every fan loves their club, I’ve no issue with that. It’s what we all live for but Newcastle fans have such an overinflated view of their club…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 154
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 9, 2021, 9:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,989
Gold Stars: 283
Quoted from gtfc98
The replies along the lines of "don't care, only team in black and white I care about is GTFC" are pretty naïve. Do people really think this takeover has no adverse impact on clubs at our level? The reverberations of these kinds of takeovers as they become more and more prevalent can only be a bad thing for us. Premier League clubs think they have the divine right to everything, we've already seen it from the likes of that mammary at Manchester City who claims it's in the "best interests of english premier league football" for u23 teams to be entered into the pyramid. The more of this obscene money that flows into the top of the game, the thicker the end of this wedge gets. How long do we think the FL can realistically hold out for in stopping this from happening? The pressure is only going to build.

All of this is problematic enough without even getting into where the money even comes from. How on earth the premier league can be satisfied that the "Public Interest Fund" of Saudi Arabia isn't state controlled is completely beyond me. The reactions of Newcastle Fans, Sky Sports, Talk Sport etc is also stomach churning. Newcastle fans claiming they've "got their club back". Have they? I think this will take it further away from them, and even if they have got their club back at what cost? Yeah maybe they'll sign Neymar and Inge Haaland but the people who pumping the money in stone gay people to death in the streets, don't let women get an education, work or even drive, chop off limbs for petty crimes, etc etc. I'd rather be flitting between the bottom of the Premier League and the top of the Championship than winning a soulless European Super league with games being played all over the world (They really think they won't want some games in the middle east?) and selling out to these monsters.

A very small correction that backs up your point  - women were given the right to drive a car last year (might have been earlier this year).

It was announced by the Saudi government (and reported in some quarters here) as a massive step forward for women and a sign of how soft and fluffy Saudi Arabia now is. They can only drive accompanied by their husband or a male family member.

And they are now allowed to do what women in the majority of the world have been able to do since the car was invented.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 154
WetFlannel
October 9, 2021, 3:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Actually mind blowing that anyone would consider Leeds anywhere near as big a club as Newcastle. Maybe it’s those who grew up in the 70s, the only time since the football league began that Leeds were genuinely big. Smaller attendances, less trophies, nowhere near as much time spent in the top division. Leeds being a ‘big’ club is the biggest myth in football. Smaller than Sunderland
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 154
codcheeky
October 9, 2021, 7:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 154
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 9, 2021, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from WetFlannel
Actually mind blowing that anyone would consider Leeds anywhere near as big a club as Newcastle. Maybe it’s those who grew up in the 70s, the only time since the football league began that Leeds were genuinely big. Smaller attendances, less trophies, nowhere near as much time spent in the top division. Leeds being a ‘big’ club is the biggest myth in football. Smaller than Sunderland

Newcastles trophies are from the 1920s, could argue grimsby are a proper top division club on that logic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 154
Maringer
October 9, 2021, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
To be fair, Leeds' only recent trophy is from 30 years ago...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 154
WetFlannel
October 9, 2021, 8:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
And tbf, myself, as well as every single person on this forum, is proud of Grimsby’s pre World War Two history. It’s still a key part of who we are as a club, despite the fact that very few Town fans will have seen Pat Glover in the flesh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 154
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 9, 2021, 9:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Maringer
To be fair, Leeds' only recent trophy is from 30 years ago...

The 90s isnt still 10 years ago? O.o
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 154
Maringer
October 9, 2021, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180

The 90s isnt still 10 years ago? O.o

Tell me about it. I went to University in Leeds just after they won the title.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 154
aldi_01
October 10, 2021, 10:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’d like to see the correlation between EDL, anti Muslim types who support Newcastle and how pleased they are they’ve got their club back…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newcastle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.