16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
October 8, 2021, 10:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
By the way, there is a lot of Western chauvinism toward the way a lot of people talk about Saudi Arabia. Their government is awful and I loathe them, but at the same time I feel like people can say whatever they want about Saudi Arabia (such as claiming they don’t allow women to get an education or work) and everyone just nods and agrees. Kinda like how a lot of the people complaining on social media about LGBT rights in Saudi Arabia have absolutely no interest in LGBT rights unless it’s to mock countries such as Saudi Arabia. Some of these same people then told Newcastle’s LGBT fan group how to feel, after they released what I thought was quite a measured, reasonable response
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 154
promotion plaice
October 8, 2021, 10:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

I've done the Newcastle stadium tour, my wife is from Whitley Bay.

Massive club, I'd put them on par with Leeds, big one city clubs.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 154
WetFlannel
October 8, 2021, 10:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Definitely put them above Leeds. Leeds and Grimsby both have one thing in common… we’ve spent more years in the second tier than in any other tier of the football league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 154
ginnywings
October 8, 2021, 11:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 154
scarthotownfan
October 9, 2021, 12:28am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've done the Newcastle stadium tour, my wife is from Whitley Bay.

Massive club, I'd put them on par with Leeds, big one city clubs.

Not much between them. I reckon Leeds are the better investment. City is bigger and more potential. Prolly connect to HS2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 154
aldi_01
October 9, 2021, 7:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from scarthotownfan

Not much between them. I reckon Leeds are the better investment. City is bigger and more potential. Prolly connect to HS2.

If you’re choosing clubs on success then surely Leeds are the winner there?

Newcastle is a one club city and literally the only success they’ve had is getting relatively big crowds consistently. They had one chance of winning the league many moons ago and Keegan did his usual and bottled it. Utd sat back and watched them collapse…

I can see why someone would invest in Newcastle and perhaps over time it’ll pay off but as a Newcastle fan, I appreciate they’re desperate for some sort of success but I don’t think this sale would sit right with me at all. It’s embarrassing that they’re claiming they’ve got their club back and their constant bleating on about being massive and all that is odd…

I think the sale highlights wider issues in football and questions the fit and proper tests once more…but I guess so long as they don’t chop hands off in this country and don’t blow up our hospitals then why should the FA care?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 154
DB
October 9, 2021, 7:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,872
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from aldi_01

If you’re choosing clubs on success then surely Leeds are the winner there?

Newcastle is a one club city and literally the only success they’ve had is getting relatively big crowds consistently. They had one chance of winning the league many moons ago and Keegan did his usual and bottled it. Utd sat back and watched them collapse…

I can see why someone would invest in Newcastle and perhaps over time it’ll pay off but as a Newcastle fan, I appreciate they’re desperate for some sort of success but I don’t think this sale would sit right with me at all. It’s embarrassing that they’re claiming they’ve got their club back and their constant bleating on about being massive and all that is odd…

I think the sale highlights wider issues in football and questions the fit and proper tests once more…but I guess so long as they don’t chop hands off in this country and don’t blow up our hospitals then why should the FA care?

Apart from money I don't think the FA care about anything, just like the Prem.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 154
dapperz fun pub
October 9, 2021, 7:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from scarthotownfan

I agree Leeds is the financial centre of the north .. Newcastle is the urine up centre of the north the Arabs will love  it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 154
quebec38
October 9, 2021, 8:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Newcastle a bigger club than Leeds? LMAO.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 154
Rodley Mariner
October 9, 2021, 8:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I remember watching Town at St James' Park in what's now the championship in the early 90's and there being something like 13k there. A lot of self-aggrandisement with that fanbase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.