Newcastle

This thread currently has 16,180 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 22, 2021, 1:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
I saw some stats (sorry, can't find them now) that said Bruce's record is almost identical to Benitez's but half of Benitez' time was in the Championship. Rafa is a hero and Bruce is a villain.

Newcastle suffer from the worst case of what a lot of clubs have - they are expected to be massively successful whilst playing like Brazil in 1970 and that is magnified by the fans. The city of Newcastle loves that football club and are desperate for success and look at other clubs that they believe they are equal to or bigger who have much more success.

One of my favourite phrases, you don't get a single point for your average attendance or number of season ticket holders, was made for Newcastle.

And here's a word of warning: if you think Man Utd and Liverpool fans are insufferable, wait until Newcastle get some some success!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 154
DB
October 22, 2021, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Whoever gets the manager's job it's a poisonous chalice. They'll inherit a team built on the shoestrings of Ashley, and regardless of what they spend in January catch-up is hard in the prem. 4th from the bottom will be a success if they are lucky.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 154
Gaffer58
October 22, 2021, 7:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Next season they’ll be the richest club in the championship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 154
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 22, 2021, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from DB
Whoever gets the manager's job it's a poisonous chalice. They'll inherit a team built on the shoestrings of Ashley, and regardless of what they spend in January catch-up is hard in the prem. 4th from the bottom will be a success if they are lucky.

You’d expect Norwich and Watford to be relegated. Leeds desperately need to keep Llorente, Phillips and Raphinha fit. Southampton could be dragged into it if Armstrong doesn’t start firing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 154
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 7:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I saw some stats (sorry, can't find them now) that said Bruce's record is almost identical to Benitez's but half of Benitez' time was in the Championship. Rafa is a hero and Bruce is a villain.

Newcastle suffer from the worst case of what a lot of clubs have - they are expected to be massively successful whilst playing like Brazil in 1970 and that is magnified by the fans. The city of Newcastle loves that football club and are desperate for success and look at other clubs that they believe they are equal to or bigger who have much more success.

One of my favourite phrases, you don't get a single point for your average attendance or number of season ticket holders, was made for Newcastle.

And here's a word of warning: if you think Man Utd and Liverpool fans are insufferable, wait until Newcastle get some some success!

I saw the stat about Rafa. For what it’s worth, I rate Rafa but I guess the reason he sticks out for the shirtless wonders is they’ll regard a promotion to the premier league (ignoring the vast sums of cash, premiership players/facilities and European cup winning manager) as success…let’s face it, they haven’t really ever had any.

Whoever is in charge of Newcastle is on a hiding to nothing, dodgy ownership or not…

As for being insufferable, they already were/are. Surely there isn’t w soul that doesn’t just laugh when Newcastle fans have banged on forever and a day about being a big club?

Scousers and Utd fans get on your mammaries but in their defence, both clubs have literally won the lot, multiple times over a number of years…Newcastle have won as much as town in the last 40 years…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 154
October 23, 2021, 10:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Croydon Metropolitan Police are investigating whether the Crystal Palace banner on the link below is racist.

It’s not.

So please go and investigate paedophilic Prince Andrew properly instead.

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natural-finisher-ive-worked-with[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 154
HertsGTFC
October 23, 2021, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Croydon Metropolitan Police are investigating whether the Crystal Palace banner on the link below is racist.

It’s not.

So please go and investigate paedophilic Prince Andrew properly instead.

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natural-finisher-ive-worked-with[/url]

To be fair to the Rossers if someone reports it they have to look at it, and BTW I don’t disagree with you.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 154
October 23, 2021, 11:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be fair to the Rossers if someone reports it they have to look at it, and BTW I don’t disagree with you.

Agreed. I’ll ask them to investigate Andrew.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 154
HertsGTFC
October 23, 2021, 11:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

Go for it ….

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 154
October 23, 2021, 11:40pm
Brandy Drinker

I’ve emailed The Met Police Complaints Dept but have received an automated response warning that ‘vexatious’ emails may not be responded to.

I suspect that The Met consider Royal Family paedophilia to be a vexatious topic so I am not expecting a response. Unlike the tool who complained about a truthful banner at a football stadium and is probably being fawned over by The Met like an underage victim at one of Andrew’s parties.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 154
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newcastle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.