3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
October 7, 2021, 1:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
I guess Bapaga is out for one game anyway - unless we are appealing that very iffy second yellow?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Mariner_09
October 7, 2021, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
You can't appeal second yellows, only straight reds.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
ivanosandwich
October 7, 2021, 1:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from lukeo
Maybe I'm looking at it totally differently and from an amateur coach/managers point of view (10+ years coaching) but the managers will obviously drop the work load of training to make sure players are rested enough. So at a total guess, this week it'll be / have been..
Monday - light training
Tuesday - travel + game
Wednesday off
Thursday normal training + tactics
Friday - travel and light training
Saturday - game

You are nearly right, they trained yesterday but have today off. It was decided that having a day off before a long travel day is a better option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Heswall Mariner
October 7, 2021, 1:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mariner_09
You can't appeal second yellows, only straight reds.

Ah ha well that's sorted then - thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
quebec38
October 7, 2021, 2:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Hopefully we keep playing our strongest team. 2 weeks off in the league after Saturday don’t forget. Cup game won’t be easy but if we are going to rotate it needs to be then.

Only players I would be confident rotating would be Coke and Fox but let’s just keep going and keep the momentum unless we have to.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
jamesgtfc
October 7, 2021, 3:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
At this stage of the season a player should go Saturday - Saturday without any problems whatsoever.

2 leagues separate us and Bromsgrove. Cleethorpes beat Alfreton and lost to Curzon in the FA Cup. Both of those teams are 2 levels above them so we shouldn't treat this game like we've already won.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
TwoLeftFeet
October 7, 2021, 3:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Im guessing players don't want to sit games out either the momentum is there and no one will want to give there shirt up as they might not get it back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Croxton
October 7, 2021, 4:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from quebec38
Hopefully we keep playing our strongest team. 2 weeks off in the league after Saturday don’t forget. Cup game won’t be easy but if we are going to rotate it needs to be then.

Only players I would be confident rotating would be Coke and Fox but let’s just keep going and keep the momentum unless we have to.

Not in the role Fox played on Tuesday. Coke can sit in front of a back four but hasn't the engine to press higher up like Fox. Coke hasn't looked at his sharpest so far.
I would be concerned if our plan was to park the bus and hit on the break. Fox, McAtee and Hunt were brilliant at breaking up play on the half way and setting runners free. Protecting Sousa by giving him close support might  help prevent Woking roughing him up. We really do need a firm ref on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
RonMariner
October 7, 2021, 4:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Think I’ll leave the football decisions to Hurst. He seems to know what he’s doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
pontoonlew
October 7, 2021, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,833
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from quebec38

I have to say having seen both players a few times this season, Fox is a much better option than Coke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Recovery time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.