Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any highlights yet?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 140 Guests

Any highlights yet?

This thread currently has 3,655 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
October 7, 2021, 1:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from acko338
Just seen the longer (and clearer quality) Alty highlights and now agree that the booking that got Bapaga sent off was justified, albeit still very suss on their player's part as it clearly shows he aimed at Bapaga deliberately.

That longer video is a lot clearer and the commentators do agree that Town were taking Alty apart prior to the sending off, and they were also bemused when it happened.

The first yellow Bapaga got was ridiculous, though.

If you gave a yellow for stuff like that in a Premier League match, it'd be 6-a-side before half-time. (It's on the Alty highlights)
Reply: 20 - 24
toontown
October 7, 2021, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 137

The first yellow Bapaga got was ridiculous, though.

If you gave a yellow for stuff like that in a Premier League match, it'd be 6-a-side before half-time. (It's on the Alty highlights)

I thought the first booking was ridiculously soft on the nite, watching again on the highlights its an even worse decision, truly bizarre. I bet there was more manhandling of players at every corner in the game, right in front of goal, yet that at the halfway line gets a booking! Normally wouldn't matter but in that match it means a sending off later in the game and very nearly cost us 2 or even 3 points. I am quite sure it did cost us a considerable goal difference bounce too and who knows how important that might be at the end of the season...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
arryarryarry
October 7, 2021, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from acko338

Just seen the longer (and clearer quality) Alty highlights and now agree that the booking that got Bapaga sent off was justified, albeit still very suss on their player's part as it clearly shows he aimed at Bapaga deliberately.

That longer video is a lot clearer and the commentators do agree that Town were taking Alty apart prior to the sending off, and they were also bemused when it happened.

Don't know why the quality on our highlights
should be less it looks like footage from the same camera.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
WesternMariner
October 7, 2021, 5:34pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +874
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't know why the quality on our highlights
should be less it looks like footage from the same camera.

The Alty camera is on the other side of the pitch I think, realised when it showed the opposite angle to Cliftons goal. Their coverage was very good I thought maybe our cameraman didn’t get given the same facilities.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
arryarryarry
October 7, 2021, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from WesternMariner

The Alty camera is on the other side of the pitch I think, realised when it showed the opposite angle to Cliftons goal. Their coverage was very good I thought maybe our cameraman didn’t get given the same facilities.

They may have had two cameras one for Altrincham and one for  BT I am sure I saw the Town camera crew in the main stand as I was walking through.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any highlights yet?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.