2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
October 6, 2021, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,709
Gold Stars: 236
I see the club is advertising for local companies who can help with the installation of a new PA system, or at least people who can put them in touch with people with the correct skill sets.

Obviously this improvement has been needed for many years, and will be money well spent whether we stay at BP or not.

I was wondering in this day and age whether a full hardwired system is necessary? In domestic settings things have moved on apace since we all had 6-foot speakers in the corner of the room, so I wondered if it was more a technology issue, or whether it means miles of new cabling etc.

What would be the most cost-effective methods for the club - do we have any speaker systems experts amongst us??
Private Message
BeijingMariner
October 6, 2021, 7:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
I see the club is advertising for local companies who can help with the installation of a new PA system, or at least people who can put them in touch with people with the correct skill sets.

Obviously this improvement has been needed for many years, and will be money well spent whether we stay at BP or not.

I was wondering in this day and age whether a full hardwired system is necessary? In domestic settings things have moved on apace since we all had 6-foot speakers in the corner of the room, so I wondered if it was more a technology issue, or whether it means miles of new cabling etc.

What would be the most cost-effective methods for the club - do we have any speaker systems experts amongst us??

I'm not an expert by any means but I do know that wireless transmission of sound using a system like bluetooth is hampered by cost over any distances further than your average living room. There is nothin quite like good quality cabling, trusted and known technology. No way around it that I know
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Southwark Mariner
October 6, 2021, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/mariners-seeking-sound-engineer-assistance/

I reckon they're just after an engineer but one evening in Manchester and everything's "Sound"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
denni266
October 6, 2021, 7:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Dont think it will be cheap by any stretch .. will need new good cable and will prob be a 100v line system of high power.  The  P A  we use in my band is 4000 watt . You need power for clarity and good voice coils  probably horns . Barrow job anyone  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
DB
October 6, 2021, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,997
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from denni266
Dont think it will be cheap by any stretch .. will need new good cable and will prob be a 100v line system of high power.  The  P A  we use in my band is 4000 watt . You need power for clarity and good voice coils  probably horns . Barrow job anyone  

It's a long way to come from Barrow to do a job!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
denni266
October 6, 2021, 7:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from DB

It's a long way to come from Barrow to do a job!

And will need a few trips as you cannot get much o a barrow lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
golfer
October 6, 2021, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,426
Gold Stars: 115
Machrotech  ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I wonder if this request has anything to do with the B Corps stuff, keeping business and engagement in the local community etc ?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
forza ivano
October 6, 2021, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I wonder if this request has anything to do with the B Corps stuff, keeping business and engagement in the local community etc ?

it may be, but i am told they are genuinely struggling to find companies in a real niche business
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 6, 2021, 11:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
How many people are they looking for?

1? 2? 1 2 ? 1 1 1 2?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New PA System

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.