toontown
October 6, 2021, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Has our start and the performances of Taylor, McAtee, Sousa and now Bapaga made this harder in a way? I think we all felt we needed someone to improve the starting XI before the season started but anybody we signed would realistically have to join on the understanding they'll need some patience as unless it was someone outstanding they'd initially be sitting on the bench. Losing McAtee or Taylor would leave a big hole so we need someone but it just feels a bit more complicated than it did though definitely in a good way.

My thoughts too. Probably be a u23 loan I reckon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Hants.Mariner
October 6, 2021, 1:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 1
There could probably be an argument for saying you strengthen from a position of strength. So bring someone in now.

The counterpoint would be that to bring in another striker now could affect the great team spirit that clearly exists at the club. Say we went out and bought Tahvon Campbell or Billy Waters, they would be expecting to start every week, which would mean one of the current team would have to be left out. Not to mention the fact that the fee paid for Tshimanga is likely to mean selling clubs are looking for big, unrealistic fees for goalscorers in this league.

Most likely I think we will see a youngster from a club further up the leagues come in at some stage in the future if McAtee or Taylor have an injury lay off, but for the moment as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The world weighs on my shoulders
But what am I to do
You sometimes drive me crazy
But I worry about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
grimps
October 6, 2021, 1:38pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,095
Gold Stars: 46
I can’t see many clubs wanting to loan us a player to come here and sit on the bench , it’ll be tough to get anyone on loan unless they’re guaranteed some game time .
We’d be better off signing a hot prospect from the league below
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
acko338
October 6, 2021, 2:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Will Bapaga had to wait for his chance but took it well.

Players have to prove they can force their way into the team, as do all squad players , and Sears took his chance with Efete's suspension.

Pardon my rules ignorance - does a 2 booking sending off merit 1 or 3 matches suspended?

Does the National League have ref assessors who watch games for mistakes made, and if so, can they rescind bookings made incorrectly if deemed harsh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2021, 2:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
It will just be a one match ban for Bapaga.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
acko338
October 6, 2021, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It will just be a one match ban for Bapaga.

Great, thanks for the info.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Limerick Mariner
October 6, 2021, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Hants.Mariner
There could probably be an argument for saying you strengthen from a position of strength. So bring someone in now.

The counterpoint would be that to bring in another striker now could affect the great team spirit that clearly exists at the club. Say we went out and bought Tahvon Campbell or Billy Waters, they would be expecting to start every week, which would mean one of the current team would have to be left out. Not to mention the fact that the fee paid for Tshimanga is likely to mean selling clubs are looking for big, unrealistic fees for goalscorers in this league.

Most likely I think we will see a youngster from a club further up the leagues come in at some stage in the future if McAtee or Taylor have an injury lay off, but for the moment as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Good points, I'd seen a signing coming in to be on the bench with a fully fit squad, so perhaps pushing Lenny down one in the pecking order. Perhaps I'm also sentimental about the name - Waters...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst's striker search

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.