7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
October 6, 2021, 11:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Whats the best site to get an up to date list of our goalscorers?

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2021, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
It's all good, isn't it. When one player drops out, the replacement is of a similar level and they're all playing for each other and, via Twitter, you know they appreciate the support.

The surprise for me is Hurst and his staff. They're positive, generally happy and working in a way that we've not seen for a long time at GTFC. Whether that's coming from them or the owners, who knows and, frankly, who cares. You just want it to last because it must be giving the players that extra 5-10%
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
Stuart Discotheque
October 6, 2021, 11:53am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +73
One who has maybe slipped under the radar a bit, but I've been particularly impressed with Adam Crookes. Very solid, unassuming player who doesn't get caught out much and generally has good decision making. Good traits for a young player

Definitely not our flashiest signing, but the sort of player every good side needs

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
acko338
October 6, 2021, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

One of the posters on here updates the scorers after every game on his footer space - when does McKeown get a chance ?? 😁 penno on the last day of the season maybe??

Opponents - who do we mark?

Answer - all of them, they all score, .. well, nearly all !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
GhostDan
October 6, 2021, 12:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
I think like most have said - Player wise Waterfall and Clifton have been incredible.  I've never really been the biggest Clifton fan but he's been outstanding this season in an  largely unfamiliar role, his work rate is infectious.

Taylor, Sousa, Hunt, Fox, Efete, Towler, Crookes all look brilliant & McAtee is halfway to cult status already.

I think the biggest shock for me is the way we are ruthlessly brushing teams away, I appreciate it's early days and i'm not saying we will win the League or anything but I just can't help but feel if we can reach those levels regularly, we will be too much for most.

Doing what we did to Dover at home is one thing, but last night for 70 minutes  & especially just after the break we were breathtakingly good - to the point it looked like men against a youth team, the way we pressed, hassled and just generally made life hell for them was brilliant to see - and then with the ball,  we've got the quality all across the pitch to make them pay.  Against an Altrincham team who are right up there, in great form and been beating good teams in this league.

Long may it continue.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
October 6, 2021, 12:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
The ignorant twits at the BBC obviously see an improvement in Waterfall's skill level as I see they had him down for right wing again last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
acko338
October 6, 2021, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
From the commentary last night, it seemed that the benefit of harrassing high up the pitch was enhanced by our midfielders contesting and winning most of the loose clearances made.

It sounded very much like their keeper was really unsure where to go or who to try to find when clearing. This only changed when we were down to 10 and McAtee was tiring.

Whoever described him at Scunthorpe as lazy must have been blind or stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
moss_side_mariner
October 6, 2021, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Stuart Discotheque
One who has maybe slipped under the radar a bit, but I've been particularly impressed with Adam Crookes. Very solid, unassuming player who doesn't get caught out much and generally has good decision making. Good traits for a young player

Definitely not our flashiest signing, but the sort of player every good side needs

Said the same thing last night. Never going to be one of the players that grabs the headlines, but is a consistent part of this defensive unit.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
ginnywings
October 6, 2021, 12:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

A list of every scorer in the National League. It's a long list.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/national-league/top-goal-scorers.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
Mariner Timsky
October 6, 2021, 12:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Cheers Ginny

Bit of lunch time reading at work!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Biggest surprise so far

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.