7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
October 6, 2021, 8:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
10 games, and wondered which player has surprised you the most?

Waterfall & Clifton deserved to be mentioned.
Waterfall was 3rd choice IMO, Behind Longe-King & Pearson (Before Towler arrived)
Now he's first choice - Just shows what confidence can do! buzzing for him.

Mcatee is rightly being mentioned a lot, and he's great for this level!

But for me, Taylor has shocked me big time.
Expected LJL to be first choice, as in his own right, he's a good, solid non-league player.
Taylor could comfortably play league 2 still IMO.
He's always played league 1/2, and it shows.

Oh, and hes scored 5 in 9 starts, not bad for a 'target man'
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
October 6, 2021, 8:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
10 games in and we have two players on 5 goals each.

So at that rate we have two 20 goals a season strikers at the club already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
thefish
October 6, 2021, 8:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
McAtee for me... before the season started, we were informed that he is lazy.*

*Proof you should never trust anybody from Scunthorpe!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
supertown
October 6, 2021, 8:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from thefish
McAtee for me... before the season started, we were informed that he is lazy.*

*Proof you should never trust anybody from Scunthorpe!

That’s exactly what a scunny fan told me . Said he was garbage and lazy .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 8:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Waterfall, unrecognisable from the player he was under Runaway....... great to see and a testimony to his character as a person and a pro.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
RonMariner
October 6, 2021, 8:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
Waterfall.

Before the season started I would not have been sad to see him go.

Now the guy is an absolute colossus at the back  and a real goal threat from set pieces at the other end.

Very impressed with how he has turned it around.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
jamesgtfc
October 6, 2021, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
I think the turnaround in fortunes for Waterfall needs acknowledging. Many of us thought Hurst got it wrong keeping him around and I don't think he was first choice coming into the season.

Longe-King got injured and Pearson had to go deliver a baby so he took his chance.

McAtee is an important player that makes us tick. It was noticeable how much we missed him when he was on the bench for the Eastleigh game.

Crookes has quietly gone about his business and I was very impressed with Sears on Saturday. Efete has looked good too.

Sousa has surprised me. Very direct and makes you wonder why he was playing for Tadcaster and Darlington a year ago.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
Kris2
October 6, 2021, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Waterfall probably, had a bit of a shocker last season and most would have imagined he'd be gone by the start of this season. Heard he was good in the dressing room which is probably why he played regularly under Holloway and Hurst even when having several bad games. Has turned it around this season being a solid rock at the back and a threat from set pieces while being a leader on and off the pitch.

Seems to have benefitted from playing in a new look defence with different kinds of defenders. He was paired with Pollock several times last season and they seemed too similar with the same weaknesses.

McAtee I didn't expect to be as much of a key player as he's becoming to our attack, wasn't exactly getting rave reviews at Scunthorpe and didn't look a star player on paper but he's come in and played his socks off. Hurst, the team and the club just seem to be the perfect combination at the right time to bring out his best.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 10:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I think the turnaround in fortunes for Waterfall needs acknowledging. Many of us thought Hurst got it wrong keeping him around and I don't think he was first choice coming into the season.

Longe-King got injured and Pearson had to go deliver a baby so he took his chance.

McAtee is an important player that makes us tick. It was noticeable how much we missed him when he was on the bench for the Eastleigh game.

Crookes has quietly gone about his business and I was very impressed with Sears on Saturday. Efete has looked good too.

Sousa has surprised me. Very direct and makes you wonder why he was playing for Tadcaster and Darlington a year ago.

What’s surprised me about Soussa is his willingness to work really hard without the ball, something this side is beginning to do incredibly well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
NorfolkImp
October 6, 2021, 10:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Waterfall, unrecognisable from the player he was under Runaway....... great to see and a testimony to his character as a person and a pro.

I did say Waterfall would come good at this level, he was a superb leader throughout the season when we won it under the Cowley’s.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Biggest surprise so far

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.