3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
October 6, 2021, 7:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
He's doing brilliantly, so versatile and committed. Racking up the appearances too must be close to 150 games for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
chaos33
October 6, 2021, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
109 for us.
38 for Grantham.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
golfer
October 6, 2021, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
He is part of the best midfield we have had in yonks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Oly1987
Was chatting to someone on Saturday who doesn't rate Clifton due to his passing and inability to do anything with the ball. Personally I think he's quietly been a cornerstone piece of the squad putting in 100% every game and giving it all wherever he's put on the pitch. Also helps that he's chipped in with an assist for Bapaga on Saturday and also got a goal today. Let's not forget he's not exactly old either only 23.

I take it the person you spoke to supports Scunny? I think Harry is really benefiting from playing in a settled position in a settled side and is starting to look like the player we know he could be.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Croxton
October 6, 2021, 8:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
We have cover for most positions.....except Harry. If we had taken either of the excellent chances to go 4 nil up then Cokey could have given him a breather. Similarly, we have no cover for McAtee who, understandably, tires after an hour of heroics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
diehardmariner
October 6, 2021, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,405
Gold Stars: 532
Coke was arguably the best player of the final 3 months of last season.  Fox arrived with one hell of a pedigree for this level and with Burton fans saying he was very good at League One level.

Clifton has, along with Hunt, kept both on the bench at various points this season. That says everything.

18 months ago I didn't think he was up to it.  Never questioned his running levels or his attitude, but I felt technically he was falling far too short.  He's worked on that and improved it.  Hindsight is great but his lack of technical prowess in previous seasons could well have been a result of inferior coaching.  Whatever has happened in the last 9 months, he's a vastly improved player.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
bedders78
October 6, 2021, 1:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Being able to rotate Fox and Coke will do wonders for keeping both of them fit as well

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
golfer
October 6, 2021, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Coke  and Fox are 2 different types of  player. I would say Fox is more versatile, possibly because of his experience but Coke is there if needed.  Good to have both in the camp and both compliment the other 2 midfielders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
BottesfordMariner
October 6, 2021, 5:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think he has vastly improved his game over the last 12 months. And credit to him for continuing to work on his game.

Work rate and energy has always been there. Gives 100% every time he pulls on the shirt.

And this season is starting to chip in with a couple of well taken goals already.

Still young enough to get better. My only critique as the moment is his composure at times. That rushed misplaced pass or snatched shot. But as I said is working hard to get better and his commitment wills you to get behind him.

Proving to be an important player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.