3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
October 6, 2021, 6:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
He never stops running this lad , really pleased for him to get his goal much deserved he grafts his proverbials off game in game out , also a great asset in that he can play literally anywhere , my mom last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
BeijingMariner
October 6, 2021, 6:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Oly1987
Was chatting to someone on Saturday who doesn't rate Clifton due to his passing and inability to do anything with the ball. Personally I think he's quietly been a cornerstone piece of the squad putting in 100% every game and giving it all wherever he's put on the pitch. Also helps that he's chipped in with an assist for Bapaga on Saturday and also got a goal today. Let's not forget he's not exactly old either only 23.

Your chatting partner is wrong. One of our own
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
LH
October 6, 2021, 6:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Town’s James Milner. He can and will play anywhere on the pitch and put in a really professional performance.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
chaos33
October 6, 2021, 7:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I think he’s really evolved into a very valuable ‘engine room’ or even ‘utility’ player, and these are rare nowadays. His fitness, energy, miles covered etc - all superb and he maintains that consistently and with total commitment at all times. In previous seasons I and others said we felt he needed to develop the ability to influence games more, and bring more ‘product’ offensively to his box to box game - ie, goals and assists. He’s absolutely done that and goes from strength to strength I think. A really good player now, with a pivotal role and great future captaincy potential. Plus - he’s 23 - he’s not even peaking yet. I’m really grateful we have him, and I think the staff also deserve great credit for ‘coaching him on’ and trusting him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Mariner93er
October 6, 2021, 7:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I’d argue he’s one of the most important players to our tactical approach, and not just in terms of closing down. At the minute we’re overwhelming teams with our movement and off-the-ball runs, and that requires someone in the midfield 3 to be getting into the final third, which harry is doing. Saw it with his goal today and assist on Saturday. It’s telling that he’s the only one of the midfield 3 not to be rotated out yet (I think), as he’s probably the only one capable of doing it effectively all game.

Also interesting that Hurst spoke in his Dover interview about not playing fifa football when 5-0 up and continuing to do the right things, and he specifically highlighted the fact Harry was continuing to make good runs.

We’ve pulled together a quality side, but Harry must be one of the first names on the team sheet which is a great credit to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
pontoonlew
October 6, 2021, 7:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Up until the beginning of last season I really didn’t rate Clifton but last season there were signs of him developing into a very solid player and this season he’s gone up a notch.

The work rate was always there but he’s so much better on the ball now too, he was one of the stand outs in a great team performance last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
TAGG
October 6, 2021, 7:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Oly1987
Was chatting to someone on Saturday who doesn't rate Clifton due to his passing and inability to do anything with the ball. Personally I think he's quietly been a cornerstone piece of the squad putting in 100% every game and giving it all wherever he's put on the pitch. Also helps that he's chipped in with an assist for Bapaga on Saturday and also got a goal today. Let's not forget he's not exactly old either only 23.

This debate about Clifton has got on my mammaries for ages.
How the intercourse anyone doesn't rate Harry, he will never be a Hunt like player but players like Hunt wouldn't be as affective without players like Harry.
Hes a grafter, a stopper, a spoiler, never ever stops chips in with assists and the odd gole or three.
Wears the shirt with pride.
This debate is boring and should be put to bed.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
aldi_01
October 6, 2021, 7:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
For a long time I always felt that Clifton got a game and got the support because he was local, not because he was any good but, since Hurst came in he’s almost become a vital player and dies for the cause so credit where it’s due.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2021, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Fox and Clifton enable Hunt and McAtee to play.

Don’t forget they’re keeping the club captain on the bench.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Gainsbro_Mariner
October 6, 2021, 7:32am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
AFC Telford have released Nathan Pond following a red card for a 'wild challenge' against Stamford in the FA Cup in which his manager deemed unacceptable.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.