3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
October 5, 2021, 11:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Was chatting to someone on Saturday who doesn't rate Clifton due to his passing and inability to do anything with the ball. Personally I think he's quietly been a cornerstone piece of the squad putting in 100% every game and giving it all wherever he's put on the pitch. Also helps that he's chipped in with an assist for Bapaga on Saturday and also got a goal today. Let's not forget he's not exactly old either only 23.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Son of Cod
October 5, 2021, 11:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Clifton has been great this season, and he was good under Hurst last season once we got going. He always runs his arse into the ground. He's had spells over the last few seasons when he looked a bit out of his depth but he's maturing really well and those spells are becoming less and less frequent. One of my favourite players in this squad and over the last five years as you can see how hungry he is and how much playing for Town means to him, so I'm delighted he's doing well now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
ginnywings
October 5, 2021, 11:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
He's one of those players that quietly and efficiently goes about his business and doesn't catch the eye. All good teams have one and the rest of the team and management will know his worth and what he brings to the side. He'll run 'til he drops.

He is also getting better every season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Stockport Mariner
October 5, 2021, 11:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Well he was superb tonight I thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
KingstonMariner
October 5, 2021, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’d go as far as saying that he’s a vital component of the team at the moment. His all round fitness, running, chasing down generally fulfilling that harrying role (pun intended) wears other teams down and opens up opportunities for others. His passing has improved a bit and he’s even chipping in with goals. There are others more technically gifted granted.  But he’s a talisman.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Kris2
October 5, 2021, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
He's always been a player who will keep going and can tackle/break up play. He's not going to be Mr. Flashy Pants with inch perfect passing and lots of goals but he provides an important role in how we play like Fox does.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
gobby
October 6, 2021, 12:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Hard decision to make but I thought he was MOM tonight, I am not his biggest fan but tonight he gave it his all again and played a major role in us claiming 3 deserved points.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
DB
October 6, 2021, 5:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,997
Gold Stars: 386
He's getting consistency into his game and hasn't had a bad match all season. Just shows that the youth development works.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
dapperz fun pub
October 6, 2021, 5:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Looks a really good player at this level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
GtfcGarner
October 6, 2021, 6:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Coming into L2 he had such inconsistency with managers coping and changing all the time. Let's not forget most of us pinned the hopes on a 22 year old lads neck.

He seems to have found a rhythm to his game so far this season and looks a far lot more relaxed with the ball and uses it intelligently. Think there is a reason he pishes the pre season running tests every year.. He seems like a true professional who trains right, has the right attitude and just gives 100% every single time. a proper Paul Hurst player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.