2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
October 5, 2021, 10:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
This is beginning to feel like the Mcmenemy era something that was not achieved despite many subsequent years in the equivalent  of the championship. Ground capacity is likely to be an issue soon if the momentum continues. The new owners attitude rightly was a new ground is not a priority as we don’t fill Blundell Park . I think we have demonstrated we will don’t that if there is delivery in the pitch so that ones back to the new owners please. In the short term it’s time to start looking at adding seats in BP corners etc . Also an opportunity to sell more season tickets to guarantee a seat with a discount for games gone providing further secured income beyond that expected.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Stockport Mariner
October 5, 2021, 10:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
I suppose they have the option of putting temporary seating in the open corners. It’s been put in before for big cup games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
grimps
October 5, 2021, 11:00pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,097
Gold Stars: 46
The corners were filled for most of our last season in the championship if I remember right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Poojah
October 5, 2021, 11:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
We’ll have the option of taking the bulk of the Osmond most weeks if necessary. That’ll give us somewhere close to 7,500 except when we get a big following, which is rare at this level.

If we reach a point where putting temporary seating in the corners becomes a genuine economical consideration, then we’re in a seriously good place.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Mrbump53
October 5, 2021, 11:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
When I first started going to matches the corners were open terrace and between the Barrett and Pontoon is where I generally watched most matches. If the weather was too bad then used to stand in the Barrett stand. With safe standing now being trialled in premier league clubs is this an option ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
October 5, 2021, 11:26pm
Guest User
Other than Notts County, Stockport, Halifax and Chesterfield we can put away fans in the corner. Until we start selling out the osmond we should spend the budget elsewhere.  
Reply: 5 - 18
Limerick Mariner
October 5, 2021, 11:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 1739
Other than Notts County, Stockport, Halifax and Chesterfield we can put away fans in the corner. Until we start selling out the osmond we should spend the budget elsewhere.  
??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
toontown
October 6, 2021, 12:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah Halifax won't bring many, their away support is v sparse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
NorthseaMariner
October 6, 2021, 8:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,521
Quoted from Mrbump53
When I first started going to matches the corners were open terrace and between the Barrett and Pontoon is where I generally watched most matches. If the weather was too bad then used to stand in the Barrett stand. With safe standing now being trialled in premier league clubs is this an option ?

The trouble with safe standing as I understand it, is it doesn’t really add capacity to grounds, but just allows you to stand safely i.e. stand instead of sitting.

Least that’s how I see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
NorthseaMariner
October 6, 2021, 10:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,521
One thing for sure, if we carry on like this, the the old adage of “ Build it they will come” will apply. 😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blundell Park Capacity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.