4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 5, 2021, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 529
Phew! Completely bossed the first 65 with the excellent clifton and Bapaga linking up with Mcatee and Taylor superbly. First goal from Bapaga was individually excellent, Taylors due to great work from Mcatee and the third a lovely team goal finished by Clifton in front of the delirious mariners.

Then Bapagas red, to me he had the ball thrown at his face. Already on a soft yellow from an incompetent arrogant ref who has now done his best on 2 occasions to rob us of 3 points and he got worse as the half went on. I think we made a mistake taking Taylor off as we went deep, their first a good strike and the second i think a macca mistake not coming for the cross.

But we dug in,  and we fought, and we battled. And we didnt give them an inch. To a man the back 4 were excellent. LJL was poor when he came on but who cares we won. We are top of the league and we have a fantastic team spirit as shown by scenes at the end
Logged Online
Private Message
grimps
October 5, 2021, 10:03pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
When he booked Macca for time wasting a minute after their second goal went in you could see what his intentions were
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
aldi_01
October 5, 2021, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That’s two big decisions he’s got wrong when refereeing us, thankfully it didn’t cost us three points tonight, doesn’t make it alright though.

Thankfully, winning is becoming a habit. Couple that with the obvious team spirit and desire to die for each other, and plenty of players stepping up. Sears coming in from the cold so to speak and slotting in, Waterfall being the changed man, Towler just being class and the likes of Hunt and Macatee just being decent.

I hear what you’re saying about Lenny, I’m not convinced he’s looked that good at all yet, that’s not saying he can’t be impactful and a key player. Perhaps he needs more game or a scrappy goal to get him settled.

I never normally look at the time until about November but after the excrement of previous years I have looked and it doesn’t half look decent doesn’t it?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
fishcake63
October 5, 2021, 11:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
No kidding if we'd kept 11 on the pitch it would have been 5 or 6 nil we was that good , the football for harrys goal was sublime , this team will only get better it's a lovely balance of experiance & young lads utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
chaos33
October 5, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
fishcake63
October 5, 2021, 11:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
p.s urine wet thru for the 2nd tuesday on trot but well worth it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
MarinerDevil
October 5, 2021, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
A game we'd have almost certainly lost during our last stint in this division.  A pivotal moment went against us, the crowd got back into it and an effective Alty side threw everything at us at the death.  The difference is we'd been clinical and professional enough beforehand to have already won the game.  Those small margins that have been gained over the last few months are adding up.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Southwark Mariner
October 5, 2021, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Most annoyed I've been with a win in ages  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
Madeleymariner
October 5, 2021, 11:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Thought we were superb tonight, ref had been waiting all night to get noticed . Beat 12 men in the 2nd half and if McAtee had stuck his two 1 on 1s away we could have relaxed for the last 20 mins. Thought the first 20 mins of 2nd half is some of the best I have seen under Hurst. Every player pretty much immense considering the ref shambolic display. Funny how during the game and when your winning you don't notice how wet you are till you walk back to the car.
Well done to the idiots with the pyros and throwing stuff at the goalie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
pontoonlew
October 5, 2021, 11:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
The harshest part of Bapagas red is the fact the first yellow was never a yellow. The ref was absolutely minging for both sides tonight and at some point it’s going to really cost us, how in gods name can these refs get it wrong so regularly?

When it went to 3-2 I’d have been almost happy with a point I was that convinced it was going to be 4-3. However for 60 mins we were absolutely dominant, a joy to watch at times and our 3rd goal was a thing of pure beauty.

For the first time tonight at 3-0 I thought we looked like a side capable of winning the league, we were absolutely superb. Bapaga, McAtee and Taylor were great. The midfield 3 are the best I’ve seen at Town in years, not as individuals but as a collective, I can’t remember having such a strong midfield.

Each player played their role and should be proud despite one man doing his level best to ruin it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.