5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 6, 2021, 10:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
We can all definitely agree it was a big three points.

Tricky away fixture (unbeaten at home before last night, three consecutive wins with games in hand). Rubbish weather. Potential for anti-climatic performance three days after a 6-0 thrashing of Dover.

We then concede 8 mins after the red card, Altrincham get a second and many Grimsby sides of the past 20 years would have buckled like a limp, worm-infested cod.

36 games to go. After this start, two points per game might be enough from here on in, with the 'bigger' teams taking points off each other.

Not even DB can have predicted a start like this  . Long, long way to go but signs are certainly positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2021, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Milner should have had 3 yellow cards against Man City.  He still finished the game.

The Anfield factor?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
toontown
October 6, 2021, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
The taylor incident was a clear red all day long. The ball was going towards goal with all there players apart from keeper behind him. It doesn't get a much clearer goalscoring opportunity than that.
Maybe people had better have a word with max wright that he can't have scored that goal against Wrexham as there was no opportunity to do so  - he started from his own half with a playe betweenhim and their goal and a ball that needed controlling.

The only reason not for a straight red is if the ref thought the ball was going down the line instead of towards goal, but it wasn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
RichMariner
October 6, 2021, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Taylor's was a goalscoring opportunity. Plain as day. If he hadn't hauled him down, he'd have been closing in on the keeper without another challenge coming in.

Bapaga? Mixed thoughts. Definite gamesmanship from the Alty player, could've been booked himself. Definite foul throw - both feet weren't on the ground (but when are they? Every throw in every division is a foul throw these days).

Refs seem to decide on a whim when they want to apply the law 'technically'. A lot allow common sense to prevail. The inconsistency driven by that is what undermines them.

Having said all this, I do feel like Town are victims to a lot of bad decisions. Luckily - Stockport apart - it hasn't really cost us points. We had a shocker of a decision against us on our last visit to Altrincham, which did cost us the game.

And I still can't get over the time we scored a free kick at Salford but the fourth official intervened to say Matt Green was interfering in the wall. Have any of you ever seen a goal disallowed for the same reason since?

Trust us to get punished on technicalities that you just don't see anywhere else!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2021, 1:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
We can all definitely agree it was a big three points.

Tricky away fixture (unbeaten at home before last night, three consecutive wins with games in hand). Rubbish weather. Potential for anti-climatic performance three days after a 6-0 thrashing of Dover.

We then concede 8 mins after the red card, Altrincham get a second and many Grimsby sides of the past 20 years would have buckled like a limp, worm-infested cod.

36 games to go. After this start, two points per game might be enough from here on in, with the 'bigger' teams taking points off each other.

Not even DB can have predicted a start like this  . Long, long way to go but signs are certainly positive.

Only 34 games to go Knut. Only 23 teams in the division.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2021, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
PS. Get the rationale for the Bapaga booking but what about the handball by their player which blocked the shot?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 6, 2021, 6:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Only 34 games to go Knut. Only 23 teams in the division.

Yes, just testing!

I was of course referring to the 34 league games + the Bromsgrove defeat and FA Trophy defeat (honest!! )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
RonMariner
October 6, 2021, 6:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216

Yes, just testing!

I was of course referring to the 34 league games + the Bromsgrove defeat and FA Trophy defeat (honest!! )

That’s a Filipe Douce level excuse!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2021, 6:58pm
Meths Drinker

Yes, just testing!

I suspected as much, but I wanted to make sure everyone else understood your brilliance.

😉😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
malkamalka
October 6, 2021, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Maringer
Just checked the laws and, apparently, defenders are supposed to be 2 metres away from the thrower and aren't allowed to jump to distract them. If Bapaga did either then technically a booking is valid. I'm guessing that 99.9% of referees would give the player a warning before whipping out a card to send them off. At least, they ought to do so. In 40+ years of watching football, I've never seen a player receive a red card for anything similar to that and, truth be told, I can't remember anybody even being booked!

But he didn't jump until the ball was in the air. He wasn't jumping to distract their player at all.

It's time a supporters group had a look at the duty of care (towards paying customers) because this is now 3 or 4 times this season already where the officials have messed things up for us.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.