5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Scenes on toast
October 5, 2021, 9:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
So the Ref that sent Will off is the same Ref that ruled Jmac's  goal offside at Stockport.......Hmmmmmmk
Logged Offline
Private Message
coddy60
October 5, 2021, 10:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
He was a massive homer 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Southwark Mariner
October 5, 2021, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Consistent then....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
October 5, 2021, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,657
Gold Stars: 234
I have seen the sending off on Twitter.

That is the worst decision I have ever seen in over 60 years of watching footy. He threw it at his head. In any event, so what??? It hit his head from a throw in so what is the problem?? In effect, he headed the ball!!!!    
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
supertown
October 5, 2021, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53

That is the worst decision I have ever seen in over 60 years of watching footy. He threw it at his head. In any event, so what??? It hit his head from a throw in so what is the problem?? In effect, he headed the ball!!!!    

Think it was for failing to retreat . Joke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
bawarmy
October 5, 2021, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,962
Gold Stars: 31

It also looks like he enjoys sending players off the way that he pointed for him to leave the pitch. I bet he’s the sort of idiot that practices that at home, just so he gets it right on the pitch. He’s a tool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
Maringer
October 5, 2021, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Just checked the laws and, apparently, defenders are supposed to be 2 metres away from the thrower and aren't allowed to jump to distract them. If Bapaga did either then technically a booking is valid. I'm guessing that 99.9% of referees would give the player a warning before whipping out a card to send them off. At least, they ought to do so. In 40+ years of watching football, I've never seen a player receive a red card for anything similar to that and, truth be told, I can't remember anybody even being booked!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
October 5, 2021, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,657
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Maringer
Just checked the laws and, apparently, defenders are supposed to be 2 metres away from the thrower and aren't allowed to jump to distract them. If Bapaga did either then technically a booking is valid. I'm guessing that 99.9% of referees would give the player a warning before whipping out a card to send them off. At least, they ought to do so. In 40+ years of watching football, I've never seen a player receive a red card for anything similar to that and, truth be told, I can't remember anybody even being booked!

So their player must have known that, decided that Bapaga was only 1.8 metres away and threw it hard at his head knowing full well he wanted to get him sent off. A booking for their player, surely? It was not a throw-in in the conventional sense, he threw the ball as hard as he could at his head! Talking of heads, it's done mine in!

Seriously though, players stand near to throw-ins all the time, but they don't expect the ball to be hurled at them.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Maringer
October 5, 2021, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Not seen footage of it yet, but it sounds like a shocker.

Still, all's well that ends well. A pity that Bapaga will get a suspension just as he's finding his form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
Tommy
October 5, 2021, 10:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Probably the unpopular opinion but I don't see how we could argue it wasn't a yellow card.

Maringer has just posted what the laws of the game say on this, and Bapaga is comfortably closer than 2m, and jumps up in front of their guy.

It might seem harsh, especially compared to some other things that don't get punished. But its an easy call for the ref to make. Bapaga is an inexperienced player, probably on a high after scoring again, hell learn from it.

Great win tonight.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.