Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromsgrove Sporting (A)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Bromsgrove Sporting (A)

This thread currently has 26,676 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 15, 2021, 6:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
I know about the transfer cash going to JF, but didn't know about cup money going in the same direction. Have I missed something or is it speculation?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 182
pontoonlew
October 15, 2021, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from DB
I know about the transfer cash going to JF, but didn't know about cup money going in the same direction. Have I missed something or is it speculation?

No, people are still getting their head round paying Fenty back his loans, which, whilst absolutely obscene, is something we all knew was part of the deal.

Not sure why we need to keep dragging it up, the quicker we pay him the better IMO. If we make a few million quid from a cup run, decide to pay up early and that leaves him gone a couple of years early that’s fine by me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 182
jamesgtfc
October 15, 2021, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

No, people are still getting their head round paying Fenty back his loans, which, whilst absolutely obscene, is something we all knew was part of the deal.

Not sure why we need to keep dragging it up, the quicker we pay him the better IMO. If we make a few million quid from a cup run, decide to pay up early and that leaves him gone a couple of years early that’s fine by me

I'm not irked that we've paid Fenty some of his loans ahead of schedule but it's the fact that we MUST do it that gets me.

If 1878 came out and said that they were choosing to pay him off with the most or all of the money received, I think it would have gone down well.

The sooner he's paid off, the sooner he can't come on here telling us all he's still funding the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 182
Darran
October 15, 2021, 9:16am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +11
Morning all.

Wishing you a safe journey down tomorrow. A quick question for you:

There’s currently uproar in Bromsgrove as it’s being suggested that we will not be able to have a beer pitchside as we normally can. Now I know this is the case for league clubs, but it isnt normally an issue at our level.

It’s been suggested that it might be down to you being in the national league?

Anyone any knowledge? Are you ordinarily allowed to have a beer in view of the game at your home matches?

Cheers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 182
ginnywings
October 15, 2021, 9:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Darran
Morning all.

There’s currently uproar in Bromsgrove as it’s being suggested that we will not be able to have a beer pitchside as we normally can. Now I know this is the case for league clubs, but it isnt normally an issue at our level.

Anyone any knowledge? Are you ordinarily allowed to have a beer in view of the game at your home matches?

Cheers.

No, we are not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 182
Youngy
October 15, 2021, 9:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Darran
Morning all.

Cheers.

I went to a Cleethorpes Town game in the early qualifying rounds and was told it was FA rules that it's no pitchside drinking for FA Cups

It's also not allowed in the National League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 182
ginnywings
October 15, 2021, 9:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 137

That's a very good point about the 'free advertising'.

I just feel that with the start we've made, and the difference promotion will make to the club, I would accept PH 'concentrating on the league'.

Yes, a cup run would make us money...but with the home crowds we're getting, our league form is also making us money.

As many have already said, I'm happy to leave this to PH.

Lincoln managed both. Went on a great cup run, which if anything, made them better in the league. They got stronger as the season progressed and developed a winning mentality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 182
Youngy
October 15, 2021, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
The loan players are allowed to play so what do we think will be the starting 11? Im going for

Crocombe

Efete
Pearson
Towler
Revan

Hunt
Coke
Clifton

Wright
LJL
Bapaga

Subs
Macca
Sears
Longe-King
Sousa
Mcatee
Fox
Khouri
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 182
Ipswin
October 15, 2021, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Rather not risk Towler with Longe-King available

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 182
mimma
October 15, 2021, 10:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
IF our loan players are allowed to play, does that mean we might be able to extend their loans to the end of the season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 182
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromsgrove Sporting (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.