Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › S s s s s six (Dover Highlights)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 423 Guests

S s s s s six (Dover Highlights)

This thread currently has 4,723 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
October 4, 2021, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
I think there's a very, very good player in Bapaga. He came here very highly rated (Cov fans seemed surprised he'd dropped this low), but I thought he struggled a little bit in his first couple of games. You could see glimpses of ability, but there seemed to be something holding him back whether it was nerves or a bit of self-confidence. Let's not forget that he's only 18.

That will have done him a world of good on Saturday, winning two pens and scoring a goal. Once he finds his feet at this level he's going to terrorise a lot of defences this season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 4, 2021, 11:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,263
Gold Stars: 295
Hunt. Waterfall. Goal.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 11:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Running out of superlatives for this. Just superior to Dover in every aspect. Skill, athleticism, effort. What a team.

The first goal didn’t come until 25 minutes, yet we still got another 4 in by half time. Just ripped them apart.

Bapaga’s clearly not the finished article but he took a big leap forward on Saturday IMO. Maybe he took on more responsibility with Sousa not on the pitch to start with.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
Son of Cod
October 4, 2021, 11:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah
I think there's a very, very good player in Bapaga. He came here very highly rated (Cov fans seemed surprised he'd dropped this low), but I thought he struggled a little bit in his first couple of games. You could see glimpses of ability, but there seemed to be something holding him back whether it was nerves or a bit of self-confidence. Let's not forget that he's only 18.

That will have done him a world of good on Saturday, winning two pens and scoring a goal. Once he finds his feet at this level he's going to terrorise a lot of defences this season.

Yeah, I think this is bang on. Definitely a player in there, he's just not had game time in men's football. You can see that Sousa who is 7 or 8 years his senior but never been at a league club is used to this sort of football. It's taking Bapaga longer to settle, but the progress is there to see. I doubt the Bapaga that started his first match at the start of last month vs Barnet would have put in the shift he did under horrible conditions at the end of the month at Bromley. When everyone's fit the left side of our side is definitely the more functional side as opposed to the swashbuckling Efete/Sousa side, so it was good to see Bapaga and Crookes stepping up with a bit more attacking intent this weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
jamesgtfc
October 4, 2021, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

I've thought similar. Whilst Bapaga hasn't particularly impressed me until Saturday, it's been clear there is a lot of talent there and I've been looking forward to seeing how he develops throughout the season with games against men under his belt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
golfer
October 4, 2021, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Waterfall must be the best header since Ron Rafferty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Kris2
October 4, 2021, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

Thought he was fantastic all game on Saturday, once he got more confidence running into the box they couldn't deal with him. He legit scored because he'd won two penalties and they didn't want to try tackling him again, gave him loads of space. He's one of those kinds of players who will draw fouls. Kinda like Jay Matete last season in that he's growing into games the more he plays, thought Matete started off a bit slow too.

Though unlike Matete think he plays with a much cooler head and is more likely to get somebody sent off than get sent off.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Perkins
October 4, 2021, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Great game good goals and good highlights, only spoiled for me by the underwhelming commentary, was he on tranquilisers?, John Moore would have been screaming his head off..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Poojah
October 4, 2021, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Perkins
Great game good goals and good highlights, only spoiled for me by the underwhelming commentary, was he on tranquilisers?, John Moore would have been screaming his head off..

Only other minor criticism of the highlights is that they’re missing the build-up for the corner which led to Waterfall’s opener. Beautiful flick from Bapaga, over the heads of the defenders, to enable a shot on goal which was deflected wide.

Would have liked to have seen that. Still, the fact we’re missing out the odd detail from the highlights because there are so many Town goals to squeeze in is a nice problem to have.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
buckstown
October 4, 2021, 12:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Without taking anything from the town performance, some of that defending from Dover was truly diabolical.
Having said that the Taylor goal was a thing of beauty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › S s s s s six (Dover Highlights)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.