Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best football since King Alan??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 350 Guests

Best football since King Alan??

This thread currently has 5,257 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 2, 2021, 8:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The best thing is this side is newly assembled. Buckley had the luxury of working in an era when he only needed to change a few players a season, imagine what this group could achieve if they stuck together for 2-3 years and occasional new members were introduced. It's a very long time since BP has been rocking like it is now though.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 28
Hagrid
October 2, 2021, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Taylor for me

Excited to see what Scannell can bring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
acko338
October 2, 2021, 10:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
More happy with the word - team. And even more - SQUAD !

To make a raw new bunch of players with very limited funds, add in a few well researched loanees, have the pitch, training facilities and some back room staff improved.......and look what has happened !!

Add in the fans returning en mass, both home and away, and why do we need to pick out individual players.. ???

We still need the squad backing up as we will no doubt have injuries and suspensions along the way.

Bapaga showing new signs of getting into the way the team plays, and Sears being solid in his debut.

Others will have to step up and may earn that MOM in the future. They are still part of the team, so do we need to push one particular player when it takes all of them to achieve team spirit en mass, as seen in goal celebrations and applauding the loyal fans home and away ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
HertsGTFC
October 2, 2021, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I can't remember us playing such attacking football for a long while, even when we where promoted in 2016 the squad had excellent unity and work ethic goals from Podge and Bogle and players like Nolan and Nathan comfortable on the ball but I can't remember that side passing the ball as we've seen this group do.      

Long may it continue, if the majority of the players stay fit I suspect it will.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
RonMariner
October 2, 2021, 11:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid
Taylor for me

Excited to see what Scannell can bring

Indeed, and Grant too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Maringer
October 3, 2021, 12:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Taylor is the best 'target man' I've seen us have for many a year. Great touch, good positioning and has the knack of winning the ball (or at least influencing where it goes) when you don't think he's really got a chance. The fact that he's also sticking the ball into the net is a bonus.

Other key players include Towler, whose positioning has been so good that he's barely seen stretching into a challenge and Crookes who doesn't look particularly nimble but wins most of the ball and rarely wastes a pass. Fox was very strong in the middle today and can play a bit as well. Sears stepped in and did well.

Bapaga is making things happen and had an effective game today but seem to me a little hit and miss in the way things go for him. Great anticipation for the first penalty so credit there, second looked a little soft and he took his goal well. I still think there is more to come from him as he seems to be pretty slow to get moving when he first receives possession but can't complain when he helped us to such a resounding victory today.

Fantastic run from Sousa not long after he came on, but I just can't imagine why he took his shot so early? He'd skinned the opposition defence so should have kept going and would have had the chance to pick his spot against the keeper, if he had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
friskneymariner
December 24, 2021, 9:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from friskneymariner
Not just about the individual skills of Taylor and McAtee but the understanding they have developed of each others positions

Posted 2 nd October.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
male private Nale
December 26, 2021, 9:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
That thread has aged well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
LondonMariner43
December 30, 2021, 11:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Where did it all go wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best football since King Alan??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.