MarinerRob
October 3, 2021, 7:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from AussieMariner
Looking forward to the highlights of this one - some early candidates for goal of the month
Taylor’s goal on half time looked a bit special

I missed that goal. With my wife being very wary of Covid she is not keen on me going so I said I would not use the loos during half time and would wear a mask. I left my seat at 44 minutes and as I walk along the front Town scored their fourth. Very happy to go into half time at 4-0. When I was coming out from the loos I was told I missed the goal - and I thought - no I didn't. But when I got back to my seat I was told it was 5-0. I thought I was being wound up - even when I saw the score board. Very strange feeling. So I will be looking forward to seeing that goal, and the rest,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
jamesgtfc
October 3, 2021, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,954
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MarinerRob

I missed that goal. With my wife being very wary of Covid she is not keen on me going so I said I would not use the loos during half time and would wear a mask. I left my seat at 44 minutes and as I walk along the front Town scored their fourth. Very happy to go into half time at 4-0. When I was coming out from the loos I was told I missed the goal - and I thought - no I didn't. But when I got back to my seat I was told it was 5-0. I thought I was being wound up - even when I saw the score board. Very strange feeling. So I will be looking forward to seeing that goal, and the rest,

Not sure why someone feels the need to red cross that!

That 5th goal was a weird one because it was quite literally the last kick of the half. Dover didn't even take the kick off. The only confirmation I had that it was a goal was that the players walked off happy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
MarinerRob
October 3, 2021, 7:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I wondered that. But maybe he (or she) felt I should not have left my seat until the whistle blew, which is what I always used to pre-covid. But my wife is scared stiff of Covid and to put her mind at ease (a little) I will do all I can to ensure I stay safe as possible from it. And that includes not being packed into the loos at half time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
ginnywings
October 3, 2021, 8:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerRob

There were plenty who missed the 4th as well as the 5th.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
MarinerWY
October 3, 2021, 8:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from MarinerRob

I wondered that. But maybe he (or she) felt I should not have left my seat until the whistle blew, which is what I always used to pre-covid. But my wife is scared stiff of Covid and to put her mind at ease (a little) I will do all I can to ensure I stay safe as possible from it. And that includes not being packed into the loos at half time.

Completely understandable mate. We've all got different levels of caution around Covid and people would do well to respect those that are wary around stuff.

Personally I'm young(ish), healthy, double vaxxed and take 2 tests a week so am not at all worried for me, but I am conscious that for some folk any part of that may not be the case so try to act accordingly.

Unless I'm jumping around in a crowd at a gig, cos I sort-of think if someone is nervous, they aren't going to be at the front in the thick of it.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
jamesgtfc
October 3, 2021, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,954
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MarinerRob

Maybe try going to the toilet at the start of the second half next time.

Seriously though, you're doing what you feel you have to do to keep you and yours safe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
MarinerRob
October 3, 2021, 8:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

There were plenty who missed the 4th as well as the 5th.

I was very fortunate to have seen that. If I had left for the loos 30 seconds earlier I would have missed it,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
NorthLondonMariner
October 3, 2021, 8:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Most likely our resident scunt troll, who has been hiding under his rock so far this season, occasionally popping up for air and red crosses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
The Yard Dog
October 3, 2021, 9:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I cannot attend at the moment, waiting for a operation on my ear, got my pre-assessment on the 18th Oct at Castle Hill, operation in early November. I cannot risk getting a positive test for Covid.

Missing not being at BP, I normally look after the Press Room on matchdays.

So replying BT sports highlights to get my fix.

Hopefully I will be back soon.

Good see BP buzzing again, back in the day had to get to BP early to get my standing spot in the Pontoon behind the goal.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
quebec38
October 4, 2021, 10:42am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
If anyone else recognised the ref but couldn’t remember why… he was the idiot in charge against Mansfield 2 years ago. He had a howler that day. Threatened to do it on Saturday too - definite sending off for me early on.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.