This thread currently has 10,652 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 2, 2021, 5:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Missed 2 buses so didn't get into the ground until after 8 minutes after kick-off, I was right peed off.

Was I happy I got there in the end.

Oh yes, UTM.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
October 2, 2021, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
CHAMPIONS, well it's not the end of the season. But it's nice to have that feeling. Who wanted Hurst out and Waterfall sent out on loan, time to eat your words.

Banana skin at Bromley, but you have to appreciate that they play all their home games on a plastic pitch and we don't, neither do many of the teams in this league. 6 goals today and 11 scorers now but some still think we're desperate for a No 9!

And then there is the forgotten army who weren't allowed in for months. Home and away the town fans have been brilliant, not only fortress BP but away from home, they make themselves known to the team. I don't think any team will fancy playing at BP this year.

At last, we don't have a team, we don't have supporters, what we have is something far more important than all of that. What we have after several years of decline is the rise of the club, a phoenix if you like. A club rising from the gutter, showing what can happen when all pull together. 1878, Trust, management, players, and especially the fans all pulling together.

The futures looking good.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 2, 2021, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
I was on a bus loaded with town fans!

What on earth is going on.

Great atmosphere at the ground, love the fanzone (credit to all involved with it) and a 😀6-0 win. Happy days

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
Hagrid
October 2, 2021, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Superb. All there is to say

Be a tough game Tuesday and looking at the forecast i think we’ll be soaked again but cant wait!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Abdul19
October 2, 2021, 5:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Taylor is so good and McAtee's cross for his second was glorious.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
BeijingMariner
October 2, 2021, 5:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
That was a great experience. No single player can be singled out for not giving their all in my view, although I could hear a few moans about LJL. In truth of course there were some mistakes, a few stray balls here and there, but this is a squad/team that looks like they think they can play at a higher level than this, so that's what they try and do....and in my view they are not wrong.
I saw Luke Waterfall talking with Alex Hunt before the 6th goal, they planned exactly what was going to happen, and just now on RH he basically said as much. Sousa was electric when he came on, sides don't know what to do with apart from hack him down. I feel for McAttee, that was a decent penalty and a very lucky save, but you could see the joy on his face after scoring. I thought Sears had a really good game, solid..he's not Efete, he doesn't run forward often, but I saw some good passing and communication and a commitment to winning the ball. Towler, Crookes both immense, Fox, brilliant, Taylor, fantastic, Bapaga, great for the lad he got his goal. Wonderful performance, a great victory/bounce-back and a clean sheet. Thank you. UTM
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
MuddyWaters
October 2, 2021, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from DB
CHAMPIONS, well it's not the end of the season. But it's nice to have that feeling. Who wanted Hurst out and Waterfall sent out on loan, time to eat your words.

Banana skin at Bromley, but you have to appreciate that they play all their home games on a plastic pitch and we don't, neither do many of the teams in this league. 6 goals today and 11 scorers now but some still think we're desperate for a No 9!

And then there is the forgotten army who weren't allowed in for months. Home and away the town fans have been brilliant, not only fortress BP but away from home, they make themselves known to the team. I don't think any team will fancy playing at BP this year.

At last, we don't have a team, we don't have supporters, what we have is something far more important than all of that. What we have after several years of decline is the rise of the club, a phoenix if you like. A club rising from the gutter, showing what can happen when all pull together. 1878, Trust, management, players, and especially the fans all pulling together.

The futures looking good.

UTM

I’d agree with all of that apart from needing a striker. Lenny isn’t of Taylor’s level and we need a better option off the bench.

For the game itself, hard to pick a stand out but was very impressed with Sears to say he hasn’t even been in a match day squad
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
GhostDan
October 2, 2021, 5:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
I'm not eloquent enough to sum up how good the boys were today, the only thing I will say is.. when you've got a striker of Taylor's quality, the game is a hell of a lot easier.

Has to be said, the way Dover set up in the first half was absolute suicide, the wingers has zero interesting defending and the 2 Central Midfielders were non existent. There 2 centre halves and left back looked probably the worst footballers i've ever seen (not including some who've played for us in recent times) but they were left high and dry by the midfield.

UTFM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
ginnywings
October 2, 2021, 7:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
First off, credit to Dover for not parking the bus or getting up to the usual tricks some sides adopt, but they were blown away by a far superior side. I'm serious when I say that I could have kept goal for Town today, such was their threat.

So were we magnificent, or were they terrible? Somewhere in between I would suggest and we will have much harder games. From the showing today, Dover would struggle to hold their own in the NLS.

We waltzed through them with such ease and so frequently, that had we kept up the tempo second half, we could have had 10, but we understandably took our foot off the gas second half, coupled with taking off the two who were causing them the most damage.

Hunt's corners are a thing of beauty and Waterfall could get double figures this season if that partnership keep it up. Bapaga had a much better game and became our 11th different scorer this season ( I think anyway, It's hard to keep up) with a smart finish on his weaker foot. They were terrified to go near him.

Good performances all over the pitch and the new lad at right back slotted in seamlessly.

Dover were weak as p1ss but you have to put the bad teams to bed. Two tough away games coming up against sides that are in good form, so let's see how we fare in those.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 2, 2021, 7:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
When did positivity get you 3 points on a Saturday

Today it did!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.