September 30, 2021, 12:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Now on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbw2CRyb4o

All their goals are well struck efforts in appalling conditions, something perhaps, we should learn from.

Can't see what happens with the red card, they both put their heads together, but how much if any contact there is, is debatable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Kris2
September 30, 2021, 2:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Probably next to no contact but he saw his opportunity to go down and get him sent off. You can't do anything like that and get away with it. They took advantage of the wind to shoot from range and have the ball move around and ended up scoring some good goals.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
BeijingMariner
September 30, 2021, 2:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 40
that is possibly the worst coverage I have ever seen. it would appear that the camera crew were completely lacking cover like the town fans, what a crazy spot to put them.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
DB
September 30, 2021, 5:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,871
Gold Stars: 383
So where were the highlights, apart from our goal, from the first half when we were the better team?. Nothing is shown of the 600 Mariners fans who went to a mid-week match, even when you do a reply of the sending of it's very hard to see what happened apart from the slowmo action of their player dropping to the ground.

Very poor highlights, but you have to say their 1st goal took a deflection and the other 2 were good.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
chaos33
September 30, 2021, 6:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
Well, the highlights have been produced by them haven’t they so you’d have to expect them to focus on their moments. The terrible quality reflects the conditions which looked absolutely dreadful, especially second half. Put this together with their familiarity with their own 4G pitch and we can write this one off as something of a freak result produced by these two aspects that are totally out of our control, and what looks like a hatchet job on key players and some very typical sh1t refereeing. We’ll learn from it.  Watch us tear them to pieces at ‘The BP’.
Onwards…..

UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
lukeo
September 30, 2021, 6:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
How sad and pathetic of their players to run over to our fans everytime they scored, didn't realise it was that obvious and bad when people who went commented about it on here.... I wouldn't for a second thiink of doing it, I'd be right over to my own fans celebrating... Pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
ex-merseymariner
September 30, 2021, 6:42am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from lukeo
How sad and pathetic of their players to run over to our fans everytime they scored, didn't realise it was that obvious and bad when people who went commented about it on here.... I wouldn't for a second thiink of doing it, I'd be right over to my own fans celebrating... Pathetic.

It's irresponsible and unsporting. I've heard no reason why it happened, and just as bad why the referee allowed it to happen beyond the first goal.  If he had booked the first to do it, then the 2nd or 3rd may have thought twice.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
DB
September 30, 2021, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,871
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from lukeo

Pathetic is also a good description of the ref. In other games, a player scores takes his shirt off, and celebrates with his fans. Gets a yellow.

Here the team run to the Town fans to goad them and the ref gives nothing, completely unbelievable.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
golfer
September 30, 2021, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Their player who went down should be the one banned. He is a disgrace to football and it is so clear for all to see. If the referee sees this he is bound to be embarrassed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
cmackenzie4
September 30, 2021, 9:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Poor highlights they are, let’s hope town can get revenge when they visit Blundell park 😊

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.