Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,950 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 28, 2021, 10:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Bromley we’re all big fornicators but half decent skill wise. They didn’t half squeal when tackled though.
Wind and driving rain against us second half. Their first was lucky. Maybe offside for 2 and 3. Can’t fault the effort from Town.

The ref was pïss weak. Agree with comments above about provocative goal celebrations. People shouldn’t respond as badly but it was totally uncalled for by the Bromley players. Unless the Shît Justin Bieber is their after match plaything.

Amusing song!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2021, 10:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Oh and I thought the Old Bill and stewards were friendly and welcoming. Must be drafted in from Kent Police rather than the Met 😉.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 68
Davec
September 28, 2021, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
That is the wettest I have ever got, I actually thought I was about to drown, cba to write a match report apart from the rain helped them on their plastic pitch. And the Bromley coaching staff and players were a disgrace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2021, 10:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Bromley we’re all big fornicators but half decent skill wise. They didn’t half squeal when tackled though.
Wind and driving rain against us second half. Their first was lucky. Maybe offside for 2 and 3. Can’t fault the effort from Town.

The ref was pïss weak. Agree with comments above about provocative goal celebrations. People shouldn’t respond as badly but it was totally uncalled for by the Bromley players. Unless the Shît Justin Bieber is their after match plaything.

I’m not sure it helped when their manager got up and gave it the big un to the Town support.

Bromley could soon become our National Lesgue Stevenage after tonight.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2021, 10:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m not sure it helped when their manager got up and gave it the big un to the Town support.

Bromley could soon become our National Lesgue Stevenage after tonight.

Bizarre behaviour. It’s not like they’re gonna get any advantage winding fans up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
Son of Cod
September 28, 2021, 11:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I can take being piss wet through and freezing. I can take us losing the match and our unbeaten start. I can take the Bromley fans stepping out from their two rows of shelter to give it the big 'un when they've taken the lead...in fact enjoy it lads, I'd be doing the same. I can take the lino having a comically bad match and missing their second being well offside. I can take the fact that the elements and the pitch played a factor. But what has really rubbed me up the wrong way is the Bromley players scoring all three of their goals in front of their own fans and choosing to not celebrate with them but to rush over to us and goad us. What the fuck was that all about?! I'd get it if we were giving them loads of shit, but we really weren't. Completely unnecessary incitement. I didn't notice their bench really, what were they doing?

In terms of the match/result, that's just one that needs to be written off as those conditions were absolutely horrific. The last two matches have definitely indicated that the honeymoon period of this squad is over, time for them to show a bit of mettle and bounce back now.

Also, it's a relatively easy away day for a lot of Southern based Town fans but massive props to anyone that was there tonight who made it down from GY and surrounding areas. Hope you all get back safely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
Yossarian
September 29, 2021, 12:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,074
Gold Stars: 18
Yup.   Big applause for all those who made it from grimsby.  It was crap enough getting back to greenwich tonight so ultra crap going back to GY.

Bromley really is a shitehole...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
buckstown
September 29, 2021, 12:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Well that was bizarre, I've never been so wet at a football match. Just into the second half it was like a wall of water coming towards the town fans and genuinely felt like someone had turned a hose on us. Went from slightly moist to totally soaked in seconds!
First half thought we were the better team but it was clear from the off that Bromley were a cut above Maidenhead. Not sure how Mcatee's shot crept in but Bapaga should have scored a second two minutes later
First and third were excellent strikes from them and Efete was asking to be sent off. Thought we played ok with ten men but never really looked like scoring. Why on earth they chose to celebrate in front of us is one of life's great mysteries, especially as most of their fans were closer.
You find out a lot about a team after a defeat like that so a good chance to bounce back on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
forza ivano
September 29, 2021, 12:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
most things went against us - there was naff all wind in the first half,but second half they had advantage of a hoolie backed by a downpour of biblical proprortions

we played some good stuff in the first half, but not convinced the false 9 was a success - didn't give anything for the outstanding sousa to aim at.
mcatee was again frustrating with a series of misplaced passes ,but a couple of excellent shots and a goal.
Waterfall and Towler were very good again, although for some reason we suddenly decided to start playing out from the back Holloway style - which as usual ended in disaster, but why Waterfall suddenly went back to the bad old days is beyond me.Surely he learnt his lesson last season.
I thought Crookes was very good as Fox.
Not convinced by Bapaga who seems weak and offers too little in comparison to what I've seen from Wright and Sousa
Their subs certainly helped change the game , as did the Sousa injury
quite what we had done to wind them up i don't know but they were totally out of order and the ref who was as week as a can of Budweiser didn't help matters
for the second game on the trot i thought we missed that extra option up front.Felt like we have got away with it so far, but we now need to get someone in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 68
Caesar
September 29, 2021, 1:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Oh the need to be clinical. First half I thought we were decent and had a couple of chances. After the goal we had a golden chance to make it 2 (Bapaga?). Think we take that chance and we are likely taking home 3 points.

Alas we didn't and we reacted very poorly to their equaliser and eventually rolled over. No complaints in the end about the result or the red card.

Still confused by their players obsession with celebrating right in front of Town fans. And why one weapon came from the subs bench at the final whistle as we were applauding Town players to shout and taunt. Have they just never had a crowd before? I may of missed it but we didn't even give them any stick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.