Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,947 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2021, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,871
Gold Stars: 227
On the train to Blackfriars. Good night for the Daggers I reckon.

I thought we got into the pace of the game well in the first half and clearly looked happy to play on what is a zippy surface. Soussa and Effete looked like a real handful on the right and Fox, Coke and Clifton well set up across the middle. We finished what was a pretty even first half well and was rewarded with the lead at half time.

For me the turning point was when Soussa went off they saw an opportunity as he’d probably been our best player. The heavens opened and the ball moved even quicker which as you’d imagine the home side took full advantage of.

We plugged away but in reality the sending off was the nail in the coffin. They scored 3 goals from 3 decent strikes, should they have been given a sight or should Macca have done better, not sure it’s not worth over analysing. We did some really good things in the game and what appeared to be some sloppy ones when behind.

Anyway if you’d have offered me 3rd at the end of September I’d have took it and just to underline what a rollercoaster of a league this will be I see Chesterfield ended on the same reverse as Town.

Bromley seemed a friendly club but their players and bench’s reaction to their goals was completely classless IMHO, the ref who was weak all game failed to deal with that.

Bad night at the office? Yes but not the first and no doubt not the last but I’m convinced we’ll be contenders in some way shape or form.

Support needs massive credit in those conditions, immense again.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
September 28, 2021, 10:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
P*ss wet through. Never, ever watched football with Town in those conditions.
We were comfortable in the first half and missed a couple of decent chances before Mcatee's scrambled effort. Within a minute Bapaba (spelling) missed a good one on one.
Second half coincided with the biblical flood and Town just couldnt cope with the zipping ball off a wet surface.
They did a number on Souza who frightened them to death. The lad who did him should have walked. Their three goals looked pretty identical...cut in and shot. The equaliser took a bit of a deflection, the second was a Macca member-up messing about at the back and the third was unstoppable.
None of what went on excuses Efetes lack of self control. Surely will get a three match ban. He'll be missed.
Their players celebrated in front of an increasingly wet and angry away following an event which will surely find its way into the referees report.
No-one really stood out for Town although Clifton's performances are showing real consistency and as already said they couldn't handle Souza at all.
We had to lose sometime. This was always going to be difficult.
We go again Saturday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2021, 10:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad
P*ss wet through. Never, ever watched football with Town in those conditions.
We were comfortable in the first half and missed a couple of decent chances before Mcatee's scrambled effort. Within a minute Bapaba (spelling) missed a good one on one.
Second half coincided with the biblical flood and Town just couldnt cope with the zipping ball off a wet surface.
They did a number on Souza who frightened them to death. The lad who did him should have walked. Their three goals looked pretty identical...cut in and shot. The equaliser took a bit of a deflection, the second was a Macca member-up messing about at the back and the third was unstoppable.
None of what went on excuses Efetes lack of self control. Surely will get a three match ban. He'll be missed.
Their players celebrated in front of an increasingly wet and angry away following an event which will surely find its way into the referees report.
No-one really stood out for Town although Clifton's performances are showing real consistency and as already said they couldn't handle Souza at all.
We had to lose sometime. This was always going to be difficult.
We go again Saturday.

Ha ha ha...... it’s your turn to merge with mine I reckon Ian 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
barralad
September 28, 2021, 10:24pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Dunno how to mate!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2021, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Dunno how to mate!

I’ll do it, if I delete mine and C&P it that works.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
promotion plaice
September 28, 2021, 10:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Done  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
HertsGTFC
September 28, 2021, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Done  

In super quick time 🙌🙌🙌

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Hagrid
September 28, 2021, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,354
Gold Stars: 527
Seems to be a lot of anger towards the conduct of the Bromley players and bench. Hurst didnt sound impressed on Humberside
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2021, 10:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Bromley we’re all big fornicators but half decent skill wise. They didn’t half squeal when tackled though.
Wind and driving rain against us second half. Their first was lucky. Maybe offside for 2 and 3. Can’t fault the effort from Town.

The ref was pïss weak. Agree with comments above about provocative goal celebrations. People shouldn’t respond as badly but it was totally uncalled for by the Bromley players. Unless the Shît Justin Bieber is their after match plaything.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
barralad
September 28, 2021, 10:29pm
Mariners Trust
To top off a spiffing night we are now stuck in a huge petrol queue cos the stupid Southern twonks are blocking the road

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.