HertsGTFC
September 29, 2021, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from pontoonlew
I was absolutely convinced we’d lose last night, a mixture of two long trips, a plastic pitch and the chance to go top. I reckon this season the winner of the league will be afforded 5-6 losses maximum, 1 loss in 8 puts us right up on target and I’m not all that concerned at all. The fact Chesterfield lost leaves it all square although it would’ve been nice to put some daylight between us and the chasing pack.

The most important thing now is we give Dover a bloody good hiding and get back on the horse. I’ve said from pre-season right through, we still absolutely need another option up front. Goals all over the pitch is great but it can’t always be relied upon.

I thought we dealt with the pitch pretty well and in the first half zipped the ball around equally well even if it didn’t always come off.

I think PH called it right in that we didn’t respond well to the pivotal moments, Soussa getting kicked out of the game when he was far and away the one most likely to be the one who made the difference seemed to really derail us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 233
jamesgtfc
September 29, 2021, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from pontoonlew
I was absolutely convinced we’d lose last night, a mixture of two long trips, a plastic pitch and the chance to go top. I reckon this season the winner of the league will be afforded 5-6 losses maximum, 1 loss in 8 puts us right up on target and I’m not all that concerned at all. The fact Chesterfield lost leaves it all square although it would’ve been nice to put some daylight between us and the chasing pack.

The most important thing now is we give Dover a bloody good hiding and get back on the horse. I’ve said from pre-season right through, we still absolutely need another option up front. Goals all over the pitch is great but it can’t always be relied upon.

Bromley is a tough place to go, especially with the artificial pitch.

I saw someone suggest on here a week or so ago that having that first game postponed was probably a blessing in that we probably wouldn't have won it anyway.

Good teams react well. Playing a team bottom of the league presents its own challenges though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 233
barrattstandman
September 29, 2021, 11:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
[quote=140879]sorry but with the injurious we now have and a  suspension  for 3 games for Efete  I cannot see up picking any more points up for a few games. We have no strength in depth, no recognised goal scorer and  a few over the hill players.

If Fenty had still  been in charge now this board would be up in arms  about the quality of this side and lack of strikers but it seems your not allowed to be critical of anything GTFC t the moment.

lets hope im wrong and we walk this league but cant see it.

[If/quote]Never seen you post on here before but welcome and if you can  're arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying " off intercourse " . That's all you need to do

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 233
arryarryarry
September 29, 2021, 12:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barrattstandman
[quote=140879]sorry but with the injurious we now have and a  suspension  for 3 games for Efete  I cannot see up picking any more points up for a few games. We have no strength in depth, no recognised goal scorer and  a few over the hill players.

If Fenty had still  been in charge now this board would be up in arms  about the quality of this side and lack of strikers but it seems your not allowed to be critical of anything GTFC t the moment.

lets hope im wrong and we walk this league but cant see it.

[If/quote]Never seen you post on here before but welcome and if you can  're arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying " off intercourse " . That's all you need to do

If you could sort out how to do quotes, that's all you need to do.
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 233
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromley Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.