Reply: 1 - 10
chaos33
September 28, 2021, 6:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
I’ve always scratched my head over the fact that Gloucester City are in Conference North!?!
Now, I’m no Geography expert, but a glance at the map of England will make you wonder how somebody decided that Gloucester is in the northern half of the country. It’s not even in the f@cking midlands!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
DB
September 28, 2021, 6:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from chaos33
I’ve always scratched my head over the fact that Gloucester City are in Conference North!?!
Now, I’m no Geography expert, but a glance at the map of England will make you wonder how somebody decided that Gloucester is in the northern half of the country. It’s not even in the f@cking midlands!

This is another reason why we need to get out of the National League setup. The management of the NL, at best, is pathetic.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
pizzzza
September 28, 2021, 7:10am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from chaos33

Well they don't have to be in the northern half of the country, off the top of my head they are not further south than the northern-most club in the National League South. It's just that at that level (similar to the NL) the majority of clubs are southern based.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Swansea_Mariner
September 28, 2021, 7:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Was hoping he'd make a go of it, shame as that's the Kewell scrap heap for him after yet another management fail.

Given he's coached at premier league  level maybe he needs to stick with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 28, 2021, 7:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I don’t blame him. I lived there for 12 years and can wholeheartedly say it’s a shithole

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
jamesgtfc
September 28, 2021, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33

There are 21 teams in the NLS this season and 22 in the NLN because of Macclesfield. Gloucester have bounced between the 2 but there is an argument that they should be in the NLS this season.

The reason they fall under the NLN is that there are 22 (or 21 this year) teams further south than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
diehardmariner
September 28, 2021, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,522
Gold Stars: 536
It's a year out of date but it gives a good feel for the cluster of clubs in the South East compared to the far more sparse Northern set-up.  I think Gloucester is actually more southern than Braintree (who were in the National League South) but switching them would actually leave them more isolated.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/.....938000000068&z=7

As for Groves, genuinely saddens me that he hasn't made his mark in the managerial game.  I guess some people are just better cut out for coaching than managing although I seem to recall that Gloucester were going for it last season until the league was curtailed.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
BenBB
September 28, 2021, 6:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKvw3YzVsE

Some defeat 😂 (have to click into it as they've disabled embedding)

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Groves leaves Gloucester City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.