7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 4, 2021, 10:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Having now watched the PH interview, it seems Scannell has hyper extended his knee, which is unlucky for the player. That can happen by simply landing awkwardly and is maybe not just a case of him breaking down again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
MuddyWaters
October 4, 2021, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
Having now watched the PH interview, it seems Scannell has hyper extended his knee, which is unlucky for the player. That can happen by simply landing awkwardly and is maybe not just a case of him breaking down again.

Seems to be sufficient to put him on the scrap heap (according to some).
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
Mariner93er
October 4, 2021, 10:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or maybe it’s the fact you can count the amount of games he’s played for us on one hand.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
aldi_01
October 5, 2021, 6:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Personally, I would.

I understand Hurst may see something, and perhaps, just perhaps he may get a chance but in reality I couldn’t see him getting on the bench at present and this just seems like set back after setback.

I know last year is hard to judge anyone, it was a disaster but he didn’t really offer much. I still wonder if those who think there’s a player in there are hoping rather than knowing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
Mariner9
October 5, 2021, 6:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +6
Quoted from Mariner93er

Or maybe it’s the fact you can count the amount of games he’s played for us on one hand.

Where are you from?

Even if you're from Boston I'd expect you to struggle to count to 15 on two hands never mind one!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
Son of Cod
October 5, 2021, 9:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Bigdog
Some of the comments on here make me ashamed to be a Town fan. Hope he gets fit soon. Injuries can be soul destroying for pro-footballers. It's at those low times when they're grafting to get back, mainly on their own, that they need the full support of the fanbase, rather than some calling for them to be out of work..

We're not gonna be releasing him and not paying him though, are we? He's well within his rights to refuse any contract termination that isn't paid up in full, so the being out of work thing is a moot point.

Pretty much everyone on here has been respectful enough to say they feel for the guy, but the fact of the matter is that he's a top earner at the club and we've currently got two fit wingers in a squad (one of them being an 18 year old loanee) that's going for promotion. Yes, that's also on Grant and it's also on Wright but unfortunately for Scannell he has a longer history of injuries than Grant and will be on a higher wage than Wright. If we weren't fortunate enough to have someone as versatile as Harry Clifton who would probably pull pints in the fanzone if we asked him to then we'd have had a few occasions already this season when we'd be looking at YT graduates and lower down to plug the gaps. Whether or not Scannell stays or is released, one thing is clear and that's that we can't continue with just two fit wingers in the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
fishboyUTM
October 5, 2021, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters
To put this into context, we’re still paying Rose and Morais.

Not sure what Morais has done wrong. Lovely crosser of the ball, intelligent footballer. Legs not what they were, particularly off the ball. Scannell? We'll have to see his contract out, or maybe come to an arrangement to pay him off early. That said, things like if he's signed a tenancy agreement, nobody will take him on I'd have thought so he won't have anything lined up. He's finished I'm afraid, shame as he's shown glimpses of talent way above this level but he'll never be fit. His body has given up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
WesternMariner
October 5, 2021, 11:43am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +892
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Mariner93er

He’s played eleven times - are you suggesting there are secret Lincoln supporters on this board?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
pontoonlew
October 5, 2021, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from aldi_01

Personally, I would.

I understand Hurst may see something, and perhaps, just perhaps he may get a chance but in reality I couldn’t see him getting on the bench at present and this just seems like set back after setback.

I know last year is hard to judge anyone, it was a disaster but he didn’t really offer much. I still wonder if those who think there’s a player in there are hoping rather than knowing…

Can't agree with the fact he didn't offer much, you only had to have watched Exeter at Home, Crawley Away and Port Vale Home to know that there is a very good player in there. Ironically they were the games he got the most minutes in last season.

It's not his fault he's injured so often and for me it's obvious that he would have a big impact at this level if fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2021, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pontoonlew

Can't agree with the fact he didn't offer much, you only had to have watched Exeter at Home, Crawley Away and Port Vale Home to know that there is a very good player in there. Ironically they were the games he got the most minutes in last season.

It's not his fault he's injured so often and for me it's obvious that he would have a big impact at this level if fit.

Absolutely. There won’t be many pro footballers who haven’t hyperextended their knee at some point.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sean Scannell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.