4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
goldenfish
September 27, 2021, 12:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Should we only concede perfect goals ? or none at all ? the best teams in the world concede goals that ‘ Could have been stopped ‘ …jeez , what do people expect ? the lads are doing well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Mayaman
September 27, 2021, 1:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from TuckerJenkins
We say ours is a good goal and theirs is bad marking.
They say theirs is a good goal and ours is bad marking.

I say potato...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
toontown
September 27, 2021, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Looks to me like Pearson stepped up to play him offside, but Efete mis-read it and played him on.  Waterfall gets caught by surprise and Towler, to be fair, had been marking a different player.  I think there a couple of factors in play there, but the worst thing is conceding from a deep cross like that.  McAtee made a very tired, half-ar$ed attempt to pressure the crosser; is that where we needed the extra midfielder/winger that we sacrificed for another centre-half?  

Yeah I noticed the weak mcatee pressure attempt,same happened with the Wrexham goal disallowed for offside. Think its probably lack of concentration from him rather than half arsedness as he's a very willing 'closer downer'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
arryarryarry
September 27, 2021, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from goldenfish
Should we only concede perfect goals ? or none at all ? the best teams in the world concede goals that ‘ Could have been stopped ‘ …jeez , what do people expect ? the lads are doing well

So are we no longer allowed to say if it was excrement defending then?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
September 28, 2021, 7:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from arryarryarry

So are we no longer allowed to say if it was excrement defending then?

Course we are but it was also a really high quality header that resulted in the goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Maringer
September 28, 2021, 8:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Not sure how one-sided the highlights were, but it looked as though we had some decent enough attacking moments without really finding the killer pass or cross and they didn't really threaten much. I know the highlights often miss out good chances, however.

A free header in the box is always bad defending, especially when the chance hasn't come when you are stretched and lacking numbers. Excellent ball and good header from them, poor from us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
WesternMariner
September 28, 2021, 8:51am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +874
Gold Stars: 34
I spent the first minute of the highlights wanting the team in black and white to score! Should’ve gone to specsavers.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 28, 2021, 10:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 283
Quoted from WesternMariner
I spent the first minute of the highlights wanting the team in black and white to score! Should’ve gone to specsavers.

This was my wife's first ever game watching Town (she's Japanese and we've not been married very long) - try explaining why 95% of the fans were in black and white shirts, one team was in black and white and another was in light blue but we are supporting the team in light blue. Whilst I was wearing my dark blue Ribeiro away shirt (Buckley era).

The poor b*gger was a bit confused at the start.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
September 28, 2021, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62

This was my wife's first ever game watching Town (she's Japanese and we've not been married very long) - try explaining why 95% of the fans were in black and white shirts, one team was in black and white and another was in light blue but we are supporting the team in light blue. Whilst I was wearing my dark blue Ribeiro away shirt (Buckley era).

I was standing close to you I saw the shirt and was thinking that's really smart and it must be an old one as the first ones I can remember were CIBA ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
Kris2
September 28, 2021, 11:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136

At least she got that far. Mine hasn't even understood the concept of why they are kicking the ball end to end and nobody is holding a baseball bat.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maidenhead Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.