Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Ban Poll (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Should Rob ban GYFR?
Yes
No
  View Results 204 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Fenty Ban Poll (Merged)

This thread currently has 9,016 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimExile
September 26, 2021, 7:06pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Green27
Absolutely should be banned in my opinion. The club is at a pivotal moment and has a chance to really kick on and his attention seeking does nothing but chip away at that. If we could all bite our tongue every time he throws himself on here and runs his mouth off I wouldn’t mind but it’s really hard for a lot not to bite. But ah well. It seems I‘m in a minority. Hope it doesn’t dampen the clubs onward march.

We live in a country where free speech is accepted as a right. To ban someone just because you don’t like them or disagree with their opinions is just fundamentally wrong in a free society. As much as I’m pleased JF does not own/run the club anymore, to ban him (assuming he does not break the forum rules), is in my humble opinion abhorrent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 63
ska face
September 26, 2021, 7:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
I think the classic Voltaire quote best sums it up -

“ I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say that Fenty is a rat and should hand back the £200k plus transfer fees”.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
Green27
September 26, 2021, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from GrimExile

We live in a country where free speech is accepted as a right. To ban someone just because you don’t like them or disagree with their opinions is just fundamentally wrong in a free society. As much as I’m pleased JF does not own/run the club anymore, to ban him (assuming he does not break the forum rules), is in my humble opinion abhorrent.

Not sure I would use such inflammatory language as abhorrent, which I’m sure it wasn’t meant to be btw. When this is just a club forum and not the United Nations. The man is at best divisive and I think we should add. Relegate the club to non league as a reason to be banned. Anyway as I said I’m in the minority by the looks of it. So we’ll just have to keep dealing with it.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 63
GrimExile
September 26, 2021, 7:51pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Green27

Not sure I would use such inflammatory language as abhorrent, which I’m sure it wasn’t meant to be btw. When this is just a club forum and not the United Nations. The man is at best divisive and I think we should add. Relegate the club to non league as a reason to be banned. Anyway as I said I’m in the minority by the looks of it. So we’ll just have to keep dealing with it.

Yes it is just a club forum and not the United Nations but the principles of free speech are exactly the same, a right. Abhorrent was a bit OTT though I must admit!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
Bigdog
September 26, 2021, 7:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Voted no. Love free speech. Hate cancel culture..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2021, 12:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from EvilFish

You imagine wrong. They got banned because Fenty spat his dummy out.

Which posters got banned for having a dig at Fenty EF? Can’t remember them, only the odd neo-Nazi type banned for other reasons.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2021, 12:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Fenty is not going to get kicked off of here, he's protected. Threads about him are locked or moved to non-football to protect him. Fenty is still allowed to hide his presence when he's online, unlike other posters.

He's made his threats in the past and now people are scared of him.

That’s another one today 😆. Or rather yesterday.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
September 27, 2021, 5:02am
Guest User
Well I voted 'yes' because this is a fans forum.

And JF - to my mind at least - is not a fan of the club.

I get the free speech stuff*, but under Fenty a fan was told to "shut up" by a GTFC director at a fans' evening.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

* which is idealized thinking imo. We don't have free speech in this country: laws forbidding slander and hate speech, gagging orders to prevent
the public discovering what business is up to, Official Secrets Acts (& more...) mean we're only free to say anything we're allowed to say.
Which isn't really free speech at all, when you think about it.
Reply: 47 - 63
lukeo
September 27, 2021, 7:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I think I'd rather have a scunny or lincoln fan come on for banter than JF stick around... But, noone should be banned unless breaking the forum rules. Although I do think he should create a new username if he's a fishy addict like myself and just loogin to his usual one if he feels the need to explain or accept anything (or donate / give back 😉)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 63
SheepGTFC
September 27, 2021, 7:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 6
anyone that voted yes is soft
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Ban Poll (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.