Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,888 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2021, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,907
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Thought Coke was nailed on for the one to be subbed..

Same to be honest, you could see that Coke and Hunt wasn’t working in the first half, I’d like to see Hunt much further up the pitch.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Ashby mariner
September 25, 2021, 9:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Just back home now. I thought we never got going at all. The majority of the players looked well below par. But a point isn't to bad has in the past an off day meant a defeat. Must of been alot of our southern based fans there today. I think Hurst may mix the team up abit on Tuesday has we have a few long trips in the next 2 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
TwoLeftFeet
September 25, 2021, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,075
Gold Stars: 18
Wasn't at game so can't comment on performance.. 7 games in still unbeaten would have been very happy with that before season started..

Think we learned last time down here there's gonna be a few games that don't go to plan, move on to Tuesday now Bromley not gonna be an easy game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
arryarryarry
September 25, 2021, 10:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Wasn't at game so can't comment on performance.. 7 games in still unbeaten would have been very happy with that before season started..

Think we learned last time down here there's gonna be a few games that don't go to plan, move on to Tuesday now Bromley not gonna be an easy game.

Paul Hurst admitted we weren't at our best but he thought we would score and we did so it was going to plan until he changed it.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Rhys_Mariners
September 25, 2021, 10:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Not intending to get on cokes back here but i feel that Fox is superior in every way and i'm not sure why Coke is preferred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
acko338
September 25, 2021, 10:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 33
Bad day at the away office today, but Chesterfield blew a 2 goal start so not such a bad day, then??

Stronger now in 3rd, and hovering to go higher on Tuesday, hopefully,  after Hurst has seen today's footage and privately made his mind up about any changes needed.

Did we lose? - No
Was it a good performance? - No
Have we got a good squad to make changes if needed? - Yes

Are we still unbeaten ?? - Yes.

End of argument, really !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
Fillipe Noche
September 26, 2021, 12:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Of course it’s nice to get wins, but any point away from home is a good point

I’d take draws away all day long with wins at home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
acko338
September 26, 2021, 12:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 33
Bad day at the away office today, but Chesterfield blew a 2 goal start so not such a bad day, then??

Stronger now in 3rd, and hovering to go higher on Tuesday, hopefully,  after Hurst has seen today's footage and privately made his mind up about any changes needed.

Did we lose? - No
Was it a good performance? - No
Have we got a good squad to make changes if needed? - Yes

Are we still unbeaten ?? - Yes.

End of argument, really !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Bigdog
September 26, 2021, 9:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Sussexmariner

My first game as well, have to agree, slightly disappointing in the performance, I thought Maidenhead were the better team on the whole. We weren’t a real threat going forward, out of the front 2 McAtee was the one that you thought could do something, Taylor was poor, a striker with real pace would be a good addition to the squad.
We will be there or there abouts this season and that’s down to our defence, Waterfall and Towler will be the best CB partnership in the league.
The one quality cross they delivered all game resulted in their goal, made worse by having 3 CB to stop that threat.
Once we got the goal was the time to go and get the second not instantly throw a defender on for a winger.

Still not sure about Waterfall to be honest. Let's not get ahead of ourselves this early in the season. Only a one off game, but not even sure that we had the best CB partnership on the pitch yesterday. LW may have had some steady games because our opponents have been lumping it, so playing to his strengths, but ball watching for their goal yesterday and did the same first half when they should have easily scored. When fit, would like to see Longe-King partnering Towler, especially against pacy forwards..

They had two very strong and decent centre halves yesterday. Passing to Taylor was poor, too straight and floated. I thought he did quite well on his own under the circumstances, but agree the game was crying out for us to have a pacier forward to stretch and unsettle a defence like Maidenhead's, or even to play two up top....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
forza ivano
September 26, 2021, 10:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,149
Gold Stars: 265
very flat performance both on and off the pitch.
as Hurst said none of our players really sparkled - taylor was outnumbered and outgunned by their 3 giants at the back. McAtee tried hard, but nothing really sparked, whilst Hunt had an off day - some surprisingly poor touches and wayward passing. Coke was similar ,but to be fair to them both they battled hard and often won back possession following their mistakes. Sousa looked like our only outlet ,but his final ball was often wayward or easily cut out as there was so little for him to aim at
(btw he was switched to the left immediately following Donnelly , the right back, getting booked - it was a good tactical ploy by Hurst)
I didn't think Efete was as bad as Bigdog makes out - it certainly didn't appear that he was the weak link, and ,although he didn't get forward as much as i would've hoped, he definitely gives us a dangerous attacking option.
Thought Waterfall and Towler were excellent again, particularly Towler - really like him. Has got so much ability and calmness
Clifton was non stop as usual, but his passing, like most of the others, wasn't up to par - as witnessed by the bad pass that eventually led to the goal.
We certainly played into their hands by playing high, long balls , instead of getting it down and passing it quickly
2 final thoughts - for the first time this season i thought we missed having that no. 9 or a quick little striker to help Taylor out
second one is that Devonshire was clever, and got one over Hurst. The very moment pearson came on and we had 3 big men at the back, he immediately brought off the big no.18 up front and replaced him with the quick little lad who eventually scored. was a very clever move
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.