Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 308 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,887 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 25, 2021, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,925
Gold Stars: 356
Think it was 892 visiting supporters but not certain of that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
promotion plaice
September 25, 2021, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from chaos33
Think it was 892 visiting supporters but not certain of that.

Thanks anyway, brilliant turnout as usual.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Sussexmariner
September 25, 2021, 8:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from buckstown
First game this season and overall I was a little disappointed. Surprised how often we gave the ball away and thought we lacked penetration.
Lovely goal and a great finish from Erico but thought we should have gone for it while we were 1 up. Taking a winger off and going with three centre halves kind of invites pressure and Maidenhead were out on their feet at the end
Thought Towler looked a class act, Waterfall was solid and Fox looked very good when he came on

My first game as well, have to agree, slightly disappointing in the performance, I thought Maidenhead were the better team on the whole. We weren’t a real threat going forward, out of the front 2 McAtee was the one that you thought could do something, Taylor was poor, a striker with real pace would be a good addition to the squad.
We will be there or there abouts this season and that’s down to our defence, Waterfall and Towler will be the best CB partnership in the league.
The one quality cross they delivered all game resulted in their goal, made worse by having 3 CB to stop that threat.
Once we got the goal was the time to go and get the second not instantly throw a defender on for a winger.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Bigdog
September 25, 2021, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Thought on the balance of play we were lucky to get a point when it came to chances created. Taking Sousa off invited them to get decent balls in from their right and if we're trying to see out the game with three CBs, then their equaliser was criminal. At the time of the substitution we were in control of the game. Hurst brings on Pearson to counter their substitutions and gives them grounds to advance more.. I'm not a great believer in matching up numbers in our own box, I believe in preventing the oppo from having the opportunity by keeping possession further up the pitch. But Hurst will be Hurst I guess. He'll have to take this one on the chin because he left Crookes on his own with two men for the last fifteen minutes leaving us very lopsided.

Macca, Towler and Waterfall were steady at best, Crookes was best of the back four with Efete having a really disappointing game. Unsure when defending, out of position at times and no threat going forward. The amount of times he had a free run at a man and just turned and gave the ball square. Coke and Hunt competed but weren't on the same wavelength and I got tired of them playing safe square balls or giving it away when passing forward. Neither drove past a man and we need that if we're going to open up big defensive teams. Sousa was marked out of the game apart from when he scored with a clinical half volley from a superb ball from Clifton. We hardly looked dangerous all game unless McAtee was on the ball but nothing came off for him, partly to do with how static we were, very very static. No clever forward movement to pull their defence about.

My MOM was Taylor. up against two very strong centre halves and battled well for all the far too many straight balls pumped forward to him because we didn't have enough guile to play through them at all. Taylor and Crookes were the only players I'd give a 6/10 to, the others all 5/10 apart from Efete with 4/10. It was that sort of game. Town played within themselves without looking like their lives depended on it. We should expect maximum effort and passion every time they pull on the shirt.. Teams like Maidenhead aren't going to just hand us the points..

On to Bromley with a bit of trepidation at the minute..

Still unbeaten and third in the table with a game in hand, so it's not all bad. Just hoping to see more urgency, tempo and guile on the pitch down in Kent this week..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
GrimRob
September 25, 2021, 8:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
Always felt they had a goal in them. We really needed the second to finish the game off. Fine to try and defend a 1-0 lead (if it works) but there were seven minutes between them scoring and us bringing the Shop on. There wasn't enough time for him to have an impact when he came on with 90 mins on the clock.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 36
Bigdog
September 25, 2021, 9:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Always felt they had a goal in them. We really needed the second to finish the game off. Fine to try and defend a 1-0 lead (if it works) but there were seven minutes between them scoring and us bringing the Shop on. There wasn't enough time for him to have an impact when he came on with 90 mins on the clock.

Was in the home end Rob. A couple of their fans said to me it's game over when we scored. Told them it wasn't when Pearson was being readied for action. So bloody predictable..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
lew chaterleys lover
September 25, 2021, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,690
Gold Stars: 236
It certainly is a game of opinions. The last two posts - one has Taylor being a poor player, the next one has him the man of the match!

I did not go today, but Taylor has been great in all the home games I have seen, as have the team overall.

It was a bit disappointing to concede the goal, but it is still a great start and the other results favoured us.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Bigdog
September 25, 2021, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Croxton
Agree with all above but why sub Hunt so early? Fox for Coke would have added energy without losing our playmaker. Too many high balls to Taylor when not close to a runner. Ah well, hope we fight harder for the second  ball and get it down for longer spells at Bromley
Thanks to Chesterfield  Exiles for guiding me to Paddington!

Thought Coke was nailed on for the one to be subbed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 25, 2021, 9:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 117
According to the Town twitter we took 828
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
Swansea_Mariner
September 25, 2021, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Where did all their fans from behind the goal disappear to, that was a bit weird!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.