Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,896 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 25, 2021, 5:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Although you'd normally take a point away from home it felt like two points dropped. Having got the lead I'd have expected us to see the game out. Hurst brought Pearson on seemingly going to three centre backs but an excellent ball in and none of them tracked the lad who scored from close with a very good header.
Towns goal was a thing of beauty. Great run from Clifton and a good finish from Sousa who otherwise had one of those games where nothing went quite right.
MOM for me Waterfall who just seems to get better game by game. Honourable mention to Clifton who's workmate is absolutely phenomenal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
September 25, 2021, 5:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Admin please merge

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2021, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from barralad
Admin please merge

No need I’ll delete mine....

On the train to Paddlington. Well that’s a game based upon our performance that we didn’t deserve to win but when we where ahead with 3 CB’s on the pitch after scoring we should have won.

It sure what the game plan was today as when we got the ball down we looked ok. Though he scored from the left I’m not sure why Sossa was played there.

For me there where more negatives than positives today but it’s an away point and nothing is won or lost in September, plus we’re still unbeaten.

The biggest positive today was the Town support who should be applauded for travelling in such numbers.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Swansea_Mariner
September 25, 2021, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Bit of a nothing game it felt to me, more like a ressies game with little tempo or shape to our play. Any away point is a good point but they did appear there for the taking if we could only have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck somehow.

I agree Waterfall was excellent except for that silly challenge towards the end, I was also really impressed with Effete and Clifton was as always the definition of perpetual motion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Croxton
September 25, 2021, 7:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Agree with all above but why sub Hunt so early? Fox for Coke would have added energy without losing our playmaker. Too many high balls to Taylor when not close to a runner. Ah well, hope we fight harder for the second  ball and get it down for longer spells at Bromley
Thanks to Chesterfield  Exiles for guiding me to Paddington!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Davec
September 25, 2021, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Certainly a game we should be winning rather than drawing especially with 3 centre backs on the pitch, good ball in but I felt we allowed him time to get the ball in and nobody went with the runner after that with Sousa off the pitch we didn't really have any width which hampered our efforts in getting a late winner, Hunt I thought was giving the ball away quite a lot but in fairness he did then win it straight back several times which I should hope he did! Mcatee looked busy as normal but it never quite came off for him not due to a lack of effort, Clifton in the build up to the goal actually played a very poor ball to Efete which was miles past him and behind him, Efete rescued it and Clifton made an amends with the run and assist.

What is that chant where it ends with "and we don't have Fenty anymore", I caught most of it but not quite all of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
buckstown
September 25, 2021, 7:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
First game this season and overall I was a little disappointed. Surprised how often we gave the ball away and thought we lacked penetration.
Lovely goal and a great finish from Erico but thought we should have gone for it while we were 1 up. Taking a winger off and going with three centre halves kind of invites pressure and Maidenhead were out on their feet at the end
Thought Towler looked a class act, Waterfall was solid and Fox looked very good when he came on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
Mariner93er
September 25, 2021, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
At the end of the day, it was a slight off day but we got a point. Win our game in hand and we’ll be top.

If that’s what our off games look like this season, we’re in for a good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
promotion plaice
September 25, 2021, 8:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Anyone heard how many we took?

Think they mentioned it on the commentary but the dog was barking at the time  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
KingstonMariner
September 25, 2021, 8:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What Croxton said. Disappointing. Bit ‘meh’ but worse things happen.

On to Tuesday.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.