Private Message
headingly_mariner
September 25, 2021, 2:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Yeah hopefully he really shines for them and comes back better. I thought he looked like he may be a good goal scoring midfielder one day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
louth_in_the_south
September 25, 2021, 3:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
PH must think a bit about him as he survived the Holloway Cull
I think he’s got the potential to develop into a decent player . He made a big step up worth remembering

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
sonofmadeleymariner
September 25, 2021, 3:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
PH must think a bit about him as he survived the Holloway Cull
I think he’s got the potential to develop into a decent player . He made a big step up worth remembering

I was really worried during the cull we'd let him go I'm glad we've kept him around

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2021, 3:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
I think he’s got an awful lot of development ahead of him, hopefully this will help.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Abdul19
September 25, 2021, 5:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Came on in the 64th minute (Boston beat Guiseley 2-1)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
jamesgtfc
September 25, 2021, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Abdul19
Came on in the 64th minute (Boston beat Guiseley 2-1)

I was at the Boston game today and the first I knew of it was when I got there and someone had messaged me to say he had signed for them on loan.

Today was probably the first time he met his new teammates. He came on for the last half hour and initially seemed to play as a 10 before dropping a bit further back after 10 minutes.

He had some nice touches, tried to link up well with players and took a couple on. Lurked outside the box at set pieces.

I think he will do well there. They are a hard working and well drilled team.

As for Guiseley, they are still managed by Bignot and lined up with very questionable squad numbers. Number 9 at right back, 3 on the left wing and 8 playing as a centre forward. The tempo from them made it feel like a pre-season friendly for large parts, offering very little apart from their goal from 35 yards as a result of a mis-kicked keeper clearance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Davec
September 25, 2021, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I was at the Boston game today and the first I knew of it was when I got there and someone had messaged me to say he had signed for them on loan.

Today was probably the first time he met his new teammates. He came on for the last half hour and initially seemed to play as a 10 before dropping a bit further back after 10 minutes.

He had some nice touches, tried to link up well with players and took a couple on. Lurked outside the box at set pieces.

I think he will do well there. They are a hard working and well drilled team.

As for Guiseley, they are still managed by Bignot and lined up with very questionable squad numbers. Number 9 at right back, 3 on the left wing and 8 playing as a centre forward. The tempo from them made it feel like a pre-season friendly for large parts, offering very little apart from their goal from 35 yards as a result of a mis-kicked keeper clearance.

Bignot's bingo was played again I see.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Grim up north
September 25, 2021, 8:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Hopefully does him the world of good as obviously well thought of or he wouldn’t still be here, and whenever given a chance he’s looked a good prospect for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
jamesgtfc
September 25, 2021, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Grim up north
Hopefully does him the world of good as obviously well thought of or he wouldn’t still be here, and whenever given a chance he’s looked a good prospect for the future.

I got asked what he's like and my response was "well he's one of the only Runaway signings not binned off which tells you something."

I think he's a victim of only having 5 subs this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
Grim up north
September 25, 2021, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I got asked what he's like and my response was "well he's one of the only Runaway signings not binned off which tells you something."

I think he's a victim of only having 5 subs this season.

Definitely , has goals in him and strong all round . Would be first choice in many teams in this division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spokes goes to Boston on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.