2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
September 25, 2021, 8:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Hopefully it will be easy to refill the petrol tank for those going by car. Seems a bit of panic buying going on again. Hope everyone has a safe trip
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
bluebottle
September 25, 2021, 9:36am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Petrol station at Morrisons packed out already.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2021, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from codcheeky
Hopefully it will be easy to refill the petrol tank for those going by car. Seems a bit of panic buying going on again. Hope everyone has a safe trip

Probably venturing into non football but the petrol madness is purely down to the media talking it up, yes we're short of truckers but 100's of tanker drivers haven't just disappeared since a week ago.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Mayaman
September 25, 2021, 9:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ashby mariner
It wasn't looking like I was going to miss tomorrow has we where due to come back from the top of Scotland tomorrow, however when  it decided to tip it down this afternoon I talked my wife into leaving a day early. Just making the 12 hour 564 mile trip back. Due to arrive in Grimsby at 2am. Then back in the car tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to another 3 points tomorrow. Utm

The whole sedate the missus while you do a ritualistic rain dance routine.  in the dead of night. Well done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
buckstown
September 25, 2021, 10:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
Very short trip for me but so excited for my first town game since pre lockdown. If the atmosphere is close to Orient away it'll be rocking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Hants.Mariner
September 25, 2021, 11:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 1
19 miles for us. First game since Crawley away 18 months ago.

Haven’t been so excited about a match since our first game back in the league against Morecambe really looking forward to seeing this team.

The world weighs on my shoulders
But what am I to do
You sometimes drive me crazy
But I worry about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2021, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
On the train now to get to Paddington then across to Maidenhead first away game since Scunthorpe after that the world went a bit nuts for while.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Long trip to Maidenhead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.