Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joel Grant.........remember him?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 203 Guests

Joel Grant.........remember him?

This thread currently has 5,289 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
September 24, 2021, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59

It was said before the season started that it was sh it or bust for Max with regards his injuries.

I only mentioned Grant because he has been missing since pre-season with no return anytime soon.

But what is your point? It's almost as if physical injury is an occupational hazard in professional sport eh. Do you think we would send someone to St George's Park if they were twagging?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Kris2
September 24, 2021, 2:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136

It was said before the season started that it was sh it or bust for Max with regards his injuries.

I only mentioned Grant because he has been missing since pre-season with no return anytime soon.

So it's "give Max a chance" even though he only played a small number of times last season and has struggled from injuries since pre season, came off the bench and got injured again but "get rid in January" for Joel who just got here. Grant played 22 times last season in League One with 20 of those in league games. Max hobbled on to just 6 league appearances and 2 cup appearances. All evidence points to Max being far more injury prone season by season and you still stop short of putting the same pressure on him by saying he should go in January if he can't get fit and play consistently.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
RonMariner
September 24, 2021, 4:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Give him the treatment he needs and the recovery and rehab. That way, when he does return, we will get the best out of him. Nothing worse than rushing a player back too early.

We need to be patient.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
ginnywings
September 24, 2021, 6:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
The person most p1ssed off by this I imagine, will be Grant himself.

He's been described as a hard grafting team player by fans of previous cubs; the type Hurst goes for in fact. I bet he can't wait to get fit and firing in a winning team with an excellent crowd behind him.

Doesn't strike me as either a shirker or injury prone, rather just a player who is currently injured.

Would it have been any different had he played a few games before he got injured?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Poojah
September 24, 2021, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
If memory serves, Wayne Burnett was chronically injured post his 1998 heroics. Slightly odd that the OP should forget that.

Then again, the OP is slightly odd.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
Epworth Mariner
September 24, 2021, 6:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
I posted a couple of weeks ago when I met him on Cleethorpes seafront…..
He was gutted he was injured……said he pushed himself too hard to get back and made it worse. He wasn’t offering to say what the injury was.
You could see he was desperate to prove himself and was amazed at the support the team have.
Came across as a genuinely good guy….,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
bawarmy
September 24, 2021, 9:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
I forgot we had him to come in too. Happy days. I think he will be too good for this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Poojah
September 24, 2021, 9:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490

I think that sweeping statement covers the majority of members on here, including most certainly your good self.

2/10. Have another go.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
fishboyUTM
September 25, 2021, 9:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Why do people think players (ie people with bills like everyone else) can be ‘released’ during their contract? We’re all town, I’m sure he doesn’t want to be injured and wants to be out there doing what he does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
OneLove
September 25, 2021, 9:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
i heard he's been in the studio with his brother eddie recording 'where goner rock down to imperial avenue'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joel Grant.........remember him?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.