Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Civvy at last

Echo

Echo

Echo.

I 'll set you up and you say them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Madeleymariner
September 21, 2021, 6:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Its the same with our local paper owned by Reach. Online every other report is about somewhere the other side of the country, 50% is just copy and pasted from FaceSpace, basic quotes about incidents from the various services such as  "One Ambulance dispatched to incident 11.54pm one person treated at scene" and quotes from witnesses who didnt see anything with typical quote "there were 3 police cars and an ambulance and the road was taped off its normally really quiet around hear" Horrendous spelling and grammar errors as well, It  has become joke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
HerveJosse
September 21, 2021, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Though it is a shadow of its former self my 92 year old mother would be lost if the rag didn’t drop on her doormat everyday. Not everyone feels able to use a smartphone and the generation now in control needs to remember there are others in this world
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
DB
September 21, 2021, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mayaman

The writing is shocking. It looks like it's been written by secondary school kids.  There's a massive overuse  of certain words.  "Tragic" comes to mind.

I read an article  the other week that said the river Anchome flowed thorough Scunny and Barton and was a tributary to the river Humber.

The GT is not bad or poor but pathetic.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
blundellpork
September 21, 2021, 6:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
The quality has collapsed in recent years- move to Leicester, loss of local editor, and absence of any spelling and grammar checks. Where there were once reporters, it now feels like the articles are written by teenagers.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
September 21, 2021, 7:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB

I read an article  the other week that said the river Anchome flowed thorough Scunny and Barton and was a tributary to the river Humber.

The GT is not bad or poor but pathetic.

I'm pretty sure the Ancholme ends at South Ferriby and meanders into the Humber from there.

Reply: 25 - 36
DB
September 21, 2021, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 123614

I'm pretty sure the Ancholme ends at South Ferriby and meanders into the Humber from there.

The Humber is formed by the Ouse and Trent joining, the Ancholme has a sluice and lock pit to join the Humber.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2021, 7:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

The Humber is formed by the Ouse and Trent joining, the Ancholme has a sluice and lock pit to join the Humber.

So that makes the Ancholme a tributary of the Humber, no?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
pontoon442
September 21, 2021, 7:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Reach may have bought it, but it was the Daily Mail company that wanted to get rid, the Daily Mail trained them, with their terrible slanted right wing reporting, it was never a good paper for Grimsby, biased Tory rag...good riddance...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
diehardmariner
September 22, 2021, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Also amazed it still exists in print form.  I can't imagine many people under the age of 55 buy it these days, fair enough that's still a sizeable demographic but it's not going to get any better for them.

In fairness, moving to a more online platform is just moving with the times.  Print media is, with a few exceptions, as dead as a dodo.  But moving to a more modern platform shouldn't mean the quality reduces.  Look at something like The Athletic.  That's purely online but the content is exceptional because they employ proper journalists who report on relevant topics.  Grimsby Live on the other hand has some idiot reporting stories like "Here's what I saw down Freeman Street" or "My top 10 streets in Grimsby beginning with the letter C".  I think the saddest thing of all is that this clickbait approach is probably just as, if not more, profitable than drawing readers in with decent content.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Telegraph coverage downgraded

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.