Fuengirola

This thread currently has 3,128 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
SWMariner
September 20, 2021, 11:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +39
Just booked to go over there next summer. Am I right in thinking there’s a pub/bar over there run by a Grimsby fan with memorabilia adorned, as my missus will hate it if I take her there so feel it’s a must stop if there is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Brough Mariner
September 20, 2021, 11:44pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
Used to be but was there last year and it’s shut now

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
coddy60
September 21, 2021, 7:19am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from SWMariner
Just booked to go over there next summer. Am I right in thinking there’s a pub/bar over there run by a Grimsby fan with memorabilia adorned, as my missus will hate it if I take her there so feel it’s a must stop if there is

Used to be Mariners on the Marina, ran by Steve Lewis and his wife, who at one time ran the Carnival in Barton. Believe they have moved down one of the side streets now, but cant remember the name of the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
coddy60
September 21, 2021, 7:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
It's the Red Lion, Fuengirola.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
September 21, 2021, 8:33am
Guest User
Quoted from coddy60

Used to be Mariners on the Marina, ran by Steve Lewis and his wife, who at one time ran the Carnival in Barton. Believe they have moved down one of the side streets now, but cant remember the name of the place.

I remember Steve, I was Licensee of the Carnival for about a year until the Lessee ran out of money.

Reply: 4 - 11
TheRealJohnLewis
September 21, 2021, 8:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
They now own Desperate Dan's Pie shop still in the same town.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
acko338
September 21, 2021, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Steve and Gill are my brother and sister in law and they have sold the Red Lion.

They now run Desperate Dan's pie shop which is on the same block as their 2nd venture which was the Mariner's pub.

Situated on the opposite side of the large port car park, easilt found with Steve's scooter parked outside.

If SW wants to pm me, I can let him know recommended pubs and food places around where he is staying.

If you haven't got a transfer organised, use the Malaga to Fuengirola speedy train service which drops you right in the centre of town.

We take bags with wheels, as most bigger hotels or private lettings are within 400 yards of that station.

Direct trains in both directions run every 20 minutes.... on the dot !

We've used the train for night trips to Torrelmolinos ir day trips to the lively city of Malaga.

The zoo is well worth a visit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
promotion plaice
September 21, 2021, 8:46am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,002
Gold Stars: 192

I used to live across the road from Steve's brother Dave on Windsor Road Cleethorpes.

Dave and his wife were on one of the episodes when the bar was featured on Channel 4's "A New Life in the Sun".

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
NorthseaMariner
September 21, 2021, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Anyone know what time the trains stop running as I will be arriving late into Malaga?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Marinerdan
September 21, 2021, 9:05am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from acko338
Steve and Gill are my brother and sister in law and they have sold the Red Lion.

They now run Desperate Dan's pie shop which is on the same block as their 2nd venture which was the Mariner's pub.

Situated on the opposite side of the large port car park, easilt found with Steve's scooter parked outside.

If SW wants to pm me, I can let him know recommended pubs and food places around where he is staying.

If you haven't got a transfer organised, use the Malaga to Fuengirola speedy train service which drops you right in the centre of town.

We take bags with wheels, as most bigger hotels or private lettings are within 400 yards of that station.

Direct trains in both directions run every 20 minutes.... on the dot !

We've used the train for night trips to Torrelmolinos ir day trips to the lively city of Malaga.

The zoo is well worth a visit.

This reminds me how much I miss travelling!

We did Faro - Seville - Malaga a few years ago and the trains where really easy and really good quality. I seem to remember you had to book a seat rather than just cramming everyone on like we do in the UK.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
acko338
September 21, 2021, 9:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
The last train arrives in Fuengirola at 12.30am if the running times are still the same this year.

We missed filming with Steve and Gill with Dave and Mandy by three days.

Again, if the same, no booking required, easy to use ticket vending machines at the airport and every stop along the way.

Booking office at Fuengirola. Keep loose change handy to pay - incredibly cheap travel ! Less than €5 each for the full 13 stops.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
golfer
September 21, 2021, 4:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
From the headline I thought we had just signed a Spanish striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fuengirola

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.