2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TinklerMan
September 20, 2021, 1:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Enjoying life as adopted new Town fans that have recently moved into the area. My family are two games in now and have had a great week coming to both games last week. Kids have loved the games, and I have to be honest in saying that I never dreamed that National League football would be quite so entertaining and enjoyable.

Seeing a lot of information popping up about a Grimsby ladies team that played yesterday, and I think my daughter would especially enjoy this. Where can I get information about their games please so we can go along? Are the games just turn up and pay at the gate?

Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Les Brechin
September 20, 2021, 1:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Here's your fixture list.

They play their home games at Wintringham School so I reckon you can just turn up to watch them. I don't think you have to pay. Might be wrong with that though.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures2/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
TinklerMan
September 20, 2021, 1:17pm
Coke Drinker
Thank you I am grateful for that.

I see some of the fixtures on there have links to buy tickets but others don't. Bit strange but I will look into this further.

What league do they play in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
gtfcmd
September 20, 2021, 5:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
i think they might be changing the home fixtures to brigg football ground rather than wintringham school might be worth keeping an eye on gtfc website for further info
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
gtfcmd
September 20, 2021, 5:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
ginnywings
September 20, 2021, 10:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TinklerMan
Thank you I am grateful for that.

I see some of the fixtures on there have links to buy tickets but others don't. Bit strange but I will look into this further.

What league do they play in?

The ones with links to buy tickets are home fixtures, though I'm not sure there is a charge for the ladies team.

The ones without links are away fixtures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
wigworld
September 20, 2021, 11:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Where are you from, Tinklerman? What brought you to the area?
Welcome!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 13
Les Brechin
September 21, 2021, 7:05am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from wigworld
Where are you from, Tinklerman? What brought you to the area?
Welcome!

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1631658851//id-1502007#id1502007

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
TinklerMan
September 21, 2021, 9:43am
Coke Drinker
What he says. I moved to Louth during the pandemic, which was a bit of a nightmare. From Raunds in Northants.

I work in education, on the management side of things, for a large group of Academy schools. We already have family that live in the area and retired around here. The pandemic has made the world of working from home a whole lot easier, and so in terms of the lovely laid back way of life in a rural market town, it was a no brainer really. Especially considering the amount you get for your money with much lower house prices etc. So moved here to be closer to the in-laws and to have a decent and more affordable way of life. It helps also that two of our schools are in Lincolnshire and not far for me to travel to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
TinklerMan
September 24, 2021, 11:51am
Coke Drinker
Brigg Town it is then on Sunday to get my football fix. Will give it a whirl and take my daughter along. Only around the corner from the airport so not much of a ride.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/womens-team-re-locate-to-new-home-ground/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
TinklerMan
September 27, 2021, 12:07pm
Coke Drinker
Pleasantly surprised at the ladies team yesterday and they look quite a strong outfit. 2 nil probably flattered Sleaford. My little Emily enjoyed the game too which is a bonus. Not sure if the big bouncy castle was more of an attraction for her though. And loved going by the airport when a plane was landing. Joking apart though it was a good afternoon's entertainment.

The team looked to play decent football and have some strong young players. The captain definitely looks a cut above and ran the game.

Didn't realise they haven't been going very long, so considering that it looks promising really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
TinklerMan
November 2, 2021, 1:03pm
Coke Drinker
The ladies team are still doing well and are still unbeaten at the top of their league. With some of the recent huge shoreline's it makes me wonder if the team is pitched at the wrong level. But I guess there are rules about these things.

We didn't venture up to see them play at Cleethorpes on Sunday, as it looked like the game was going to be called off with a waterlogged pitch. An 8 goal thriller on Halloween. Looks like I missed a goalfest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
TownSNAFU5
November 2, 2021, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
I am very pleased that the Ladies team is doing so well.  3 teams top of their leagues.

Maybe karma to publish these admirable achievements to date.

The youth team had a massive away win and then lost in the FA Youth Cup at Crewe.  The Ladies team also had a massive away win, then played poorly, lost in a cup completion.  The first team were top of the league by 4 points.  They then lost 2 games in a week, including a home game in the last minute against local promotion rivals.

All temporary set backs hopefully.  Just does not read well at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Northbank Mariner
November 2, 2021, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I am very pleased that the Ladies team is doing so well.  3 teams top of their leagues.

Maybe karma to publish these admirable achievements to date.

The youth team had a massive away win and then lost in the FA Youth Cup at Crewe.  The Ladies team also had a massive away win, then played poorly, lost in a cup completion.  The first team were top of the league by 4 points.  They then lost 2 games in a week, including a home game in the last minute against local promotion rivals.

All temporary set backs hopefully.  Just does not read well at the moment.

Any need for the last sentence?...keep up the positivity, every team/club/person has blips.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ladies team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.