2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TinklerMan
September 27, 2021, 12:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Pleasantly surprised at the ladies team yesterday and they look quite a strong outfit. 2 nil probably flattered Sleaford. My little Emily enjoyed the game too which is a bonus. Not sure if the big bouncy castle was more of an attraction for her though. And loved going by the airport when a plane was landing. Joking apart though it was a good afternoon's entertainment.

The team looked to play decent football and have some strong young players. The captain definitely looks a cut above and ran the game.

Didn't realise they haven't been going very long, so considering that it looks promising really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
TinklerMan
November 2, 2021, 1:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
The ladies team are still doing well and are still unbeaten at the top of their league. With some of the recent huge shoreline's it makes me wonder if the team is pitched at the wrong level. But I guess there are rules about these things.

We didn't venture up to see them play at Cleethorpes on Sunday, as it looked like the game was going to be called off with a waterlogged pitch. An 8 goal thriller on Halloween. Looks like I missed a goalfest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
TownSNAFU5
November 2, 2021, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I am very pleased that the Ladies team is doing so well.  3 teams top of their leagues.

Maybe karma to publish these admirable achievements to date.

The youth team had a massive away win and then lost in the FA Youth Cup at Crewe.  The Ladies team also had a massive away win, then played poorly, lost in a cup completion.  The first team were top of the league by 4 points.  They then lost 2 games in a week, including a home game in the last minute against local promotion rivals.

All temporary set backs hopefully.  Just does not read well at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Northbank Mariner
November 2, 2021, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I am very pleased that the Ladies team is doing so well.  3 teams top of their leagues.

Maybe karma to publish these admirable achievements to date.

The youth team had a massive away win and then lost in the FA Youth Cup at Crewe.  The Ladies team also had a massive away win, then played poorly, lost in a cup completion.  The first team were top of the league by 4 points.  They then lost 2 games in a week, including a home game in the last minute against local promotion rivals.

All temporary set backs hopefully.  Just does not read well at the moment.

Any need for the last sentence?...keep up the positivity, every team/club/person has blips.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ladies team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.