golfer
September 20, 2021, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from jaygy
The problem here is that, with no offence meant to Golfer, he's a bit of a strange poster/WUM on here so most will not be sure whether to take this with a pinch of salt

Take it with what you like but everything I have said is completely true.. It is far too  serious to joke about  I'll go so far as to say that in my opinion it is somebody or bodies who has access to the machine in the office. If the system wont allow the same 2 tickets through then somebody on the gate is also involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
Davec
September 20, 2021, 8:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from golfer

Take it with what you like but everything I have said is completely true.. It is far too  serious to joke about  I'll go so far as to say that in my opinion it is somebody or bodies who has access to the machine in the office. If the system wont allow the same 2 tickets through then somebody on the gate is also involved

Are you saying it is an inside job with club employees working to help con the club out of money to ensure their mates get in free of charge? That's quite an allegation to make.

Of course it needs investigating and if possible the culprits caught but I like to think no employees are involved in any wrongdoing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
golfer
September 20, 2021, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Davec -  how could anybody clone my ticket when it has never been out of my possession ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
jamesgtfc
September 20, 2021, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from golfer
Davec -  how could anybody clone my ticket when it has never been out of my possession ?

Have you sent a picture of it to anyone or on social media? Even if it was quickly taken down, you never know who saw it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
Iknowyoursecret
September 20, 2021, 9:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Not sure but surely you’ve missed it

Say you say you sell 3000 park  tickets at 10 each
Then
Sell 50 replica ones at 10 each that means the company gets the money for the 3000 plus the 50 replica ones but the official figures only show 3000 not the 50 replica ones this giving the company  £500 not declared.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
Fette Schlange
September 20, 2021, 10:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
We need answers.
@Steve Wraith, how has this happened and what have you put in place to prevent this happening again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
Iknowyoursecret
September 20, 2021, 10:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
There is no way this is happening especially with the new ticket system smell of a fat snake trying to dis the new owners ticketing system.Why start this without proof,if someone has it then show if not enjoy the football and stop disrespecting the new ideas that have been put in place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
grimps
September 21, 2021, 3:24am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
All the ticket holder would have to do is show the email confirmation to a steward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
SheepGTFC
September 21, 2021, 4:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +280
Gold Stars: 6
Should use a digital ticket that regenerates the QR code for every game. Or if people don't want to use a phone, good old fashioned ID with a ticket that has your face printed on it.

Otherwise you're just asking for forgery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
aldi_01
September 21, 2021, 6:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s a mistake, pure and simple. On Saturday it seemed like the electronic system was down anyway.

It doesn’t tend to happen at modern stadiums or higher up the league as the turnstiles are connected to then barcode scanner…BP isn’t that modern for plenty of reasons.

At the Barnet game a bloke near us was sat in a ST holders seat, he’s purchased the ticket online and the system had allowed it. The ST holder asked him to shift and pointed him towards a steward, he spoke with the steward and they sorted it. Simples.

Some weird accusations and over the top responses here, I don’t think anyone is saying the original poster is lying but to imply some weird inside job is bizarre. There’s literally nothing in that for anyone…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Catch the  Bstards

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.