September 20, 2021, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Fette Schlange
Inside job?

It wasn't just the front copied - it had the fish on the back - I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the office machine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 20, 2021, 5:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from supertown
It’s gotta be difficult to find somewhere to sit with the current number of sales

Harder but with some ST holders not attending there will be spare seats.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
Geordie Mariner 66
September 20, 2021, 5:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +43
Gold Stars: 2
Not sure if this is related but a group of 5 of us bought our tickets in the main stand for the Wrexham game only to find a family had tickets identical to 3 of ours. We moved to empty seats elsewhere thinking it must be an admin error due to the new ticketing system etc.

I do hope it is not anything more sinister.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 20, 2021, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from mimma
The QR code normally is used once, the system remembers it has been scanned and will not let anybody else in. Otherwise they would sell one ticket and copy it thousand of times for everyone to use.

This is the case with the current system, As there are a few forms of ticket entry now, a Season Ticket Card, printed ticket and emailed QR code the system is set to allow each code once per game, if someone  tries to use the same QR code a second time it comes up RED on the hand scanner and the steward should investigate,  
If a cloned ticket or season pass is found the club can ban that card on the system  and create a new card with new QR code.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
DB
September 20, 2021, 6:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

This is the case with the current system, As there are a few forms of ticket entry now, a Season Ticket Card, printed ticket and emailed QR code the system is set to allow each code once per game, if someone  tries to use the same QR code a second time it comes up RED on the hand scanner and the steward should investigate,  
If a cloned ticket or season pass is found the club can ban that card on the system  and create a new card with new QR code.

This begs the question, not to you personally, but what has gone wrong?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
jaygy
September 20, 2021, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
The problem here is that, with no offence meant to Golfer, he's a bit of a strange poster/WUM on here so most will not be sure whether to take this with a pinch of salt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
EvilFish
September 20, 2021, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Yes, I am calling bullsh1t on this whole thing.

Not that it isn't possible to clone a QR code, of course it is, but the system wouldn't allow more than one person to enter on a single code.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
jamesgtfc
September 20, 2021, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from EvilFish

Not that it isn't possible to clone a QR code, of course it is, but the system wouldn't allow more than one person to enter on a single code.

You would hope that it wouldn't but then again, the new system was actually brought in under the stewardship of a certain member of this forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
Geordie Mariner 66
September 20, 2021, 8:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +43
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from EvilFish

I don’t know much about QR codes but I do know that there was at least 3 duplicate tickets for the same seats in the Main Stand vs Wrexham.

I know this not to be bullshit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 20, 2021, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You would hope that it wouldn't but then again, the new system was actually brought in under the stewardship of a certain member of this forum.

The person you refer to  had no input in to this  whats so ever it was the Trust and a few GTFC staff,
The system has been fully tested for double scanning of QR Codes and does flag up if someone tries, How I know this as I was one of the people testing it.
There is nothing to say the person who cloned this card or ticket dropped it as it did not work, just because it was found in the ground does not mean they used it to get in/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Catch the  Bstards

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.