5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
September 19, 2021, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Seeing the effects of the new owners bringing in new people and looking at the things they can improve in the short and long term. We already see smaller improvements in the matchday experience, food available in the ground and small improvements to the ground. Paul Hurst and his staff seems to be listened to when it comes to what he needs for his team and he seems much more like he's enjoying himself this time around, less pressure helps I'm sure but having the owners look at what we had in place for facilities and staff and saying "this isn't good enough" is a boost for any coaching team.

The team feels very together already and put in real effort, they seem to believe in what Paul Hurst wants them to do and  show desire to win each game. They also seem to have a good relationship with the owners and staff at the club along with the fans, everyone smiles more and that includes the fans. For myself I can't remember the last time I went to matches and didn't come away feeling stressed and angry at the lack of effort and drive on the pitch and what is going on off it. It felt like for ages now we don't go down fighting and even when we win it doesn't feel like we really deserved it.

When we last got promoted even though we played well as a team it didn't feel like they really enjoyed playing for us for the most part, some of that will be pressure but probably more the club and how it's run, many left after that playoffs win and it felt like they did it for Hurst and not for the club. A lot going on behind the scenes seemed to kill the spirit of that team and Hurst would leave soon into our first league 2 season too. Perhaps the most positive is that the team look like they want to be here and want to be around the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2021, 6:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
The buzz outside the ground. Ive been arriving at the ground at 2.55 for about the last 15 years and I was there at 2 on Saturday, sat outside the imp eating chips and watching hoards of smiling faces milling towards the ground.

Then when you get in the ground, the music is off for 15 minutes before the kick off and it feels proper, like it used to at big games.

People are getting there early and minor changes are making a fairly big difference.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Hagrid
September 19, 2021, 7:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/timeline

My brother buzzing singing his own town songs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
barrattstandman
September 19, 2021, 7:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Many congrats to the new owners and PH and Doig . But I feel one person who is an unsung hero in our season . That is Greg Howard our trainer who has got a team fitter than any Town side for many a year .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 19, 2021, 7:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
I quite like having 15 points before Christmas.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
lukeo
September 19, 2021, 7:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,352
Gold Stars: 142
Quoted from barrattstandman
Many congrats to the new owners and PH and Doig . But I feel one person who is an unsung hero in our season . That is Greg Howard our trainer who has got a team fitter than any Town side for many a year .

Hi Greg
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Grantham_Mariner
September 19, 2021, 8:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
The whole area is buzzing. Had to go to the Supermarket after match, lost count of how many asked about them game. Never happened on this scale before. Definitely winning the community over.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
ginnywings
September 19, 2021, 9:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Then v Now.

You decide.

No more needs to be said.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
bobbyturtle
September 19, 2021, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Thinking that I'm getting value for my hard earnt, in all aspects, apart from wanting the marching band back!

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
marinerdazza
September 19, 2021, 9:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
I’m an exile with a season ticket so end up parking closer to Issac’s Hill these days. But walking down with my son yesterday afternoon, it almost felt like a carnival. Remember saying to him it felt like the whole town was out today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positive counter thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.