Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Dear Fishies

This thread currently has 30,923 views. Print
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Getyourfactsright
September 19, 2021, 2:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
I am sorry if my presence at the game yesterday offends some.

I have cared passionately for this club for many years and have looked after it and its finances with all the care and consideration within my capacity and have always been a fan and will always be a fan.

Today was the first game I could make with the season ticket purchased before the season start due to being away on business, and it was great to see a performance that looks like there’s another gear there if needed.

Congratulations to Paul Hurst on the fantastic start to the season and long may that continue with a swift return to the Football League. Hiring a manger is always a lottery, but with Paul the odds favoured it being a very good appointment, so it is pleasing to see things are going well on the field and long may that continue.

I am aware of much inuendo and frankly miss information / inuendo and downright rubbish published about me, and my time involved in the club that is well off the mark. I have opted for the dignified silence route and to let the new owners get on with the sterling job in hand.  

Like you guys. I am massively disappointed to be out of the football league. Crap happens on the field, but I refute that the club was run down, or has been handed over in a bad shape. Or that there has been any malpractice in the financial accounting whatsoever.

The deal struck with 1878 was negotiated to help the new owners in their newfound responsibility. I continue to finance the football club for up to 3 years with just £1.5million of my loans remaining in the club.

These negotiations considered the wellbeing of the club, with myself agreeing to continue to fund the club for up to three years upon resignation from the board of directors and that I leave in place for the time being my financial guarantees which underpinned season ticket sales, which I have graciously done.  

There is no other past director that has left the club without being fully repaid their loans. During my time approaching £1 million has been repaid to past directors and I don’t believe that I should be treated any differently. At the peak of my financial support for the club my commitment was in excess of £4.5million. The loans have been described as benign and certainly have been with not one penny interest ever being charged.

It should be known that the club is without any other debt, unlike most clubs which have run up overdraft facilities, HMRC debt and had taken Football League loans just to get through covid. In contrast when the deal was done, there was no such debt ‘NIL’. Additionally, there was a cash balance of around £800 thousand pounds in the club’s bank account, and it owns Blundell Park and has a considerable number of assets.

During my time, I engendered wider ownership of the club with an open-door policy where my contact details were there for all and have never knowingly not responded with good grace and humility that such office should demand.

The Club was a Public Limited Company ‘PLC’ and as such the accounts published disclose much more information than a standard limited company does. This brought considerable scrutiny with the accounts being published, prior to AGM’s EGM’s and at fans forums, that were always well attended and video recorded for wider interest. I embraced this and have always been very open to those who attended and as witnessed by others who viewed the recorded footage.

The club was left in a very sound financial position with 1878 not having to provide one single penny of investment into the club to date. Funds left on account enabled the club to continue its investment of the past regime in ground and facility improvements at Blundell Park, Cheapside and the Wintringham Academy, with major items such as new flood lighting, Led lighting in various stands, new heating systems and showers in the main stand, new disabled facilities and toilets, a new ladies toilet block, four changing rooms at Oasis Wintringham school, new heart and GPS monitors, Gym equipment, new ticketing system, pitch renovations at BP & WOS and the list goes on and on.

I could go into specifics about Academy funding and the boards consideration of proposed funding from Alex May that have raised much question along with other sensitive subjects but sign off here for now!! wishing you all well and the very best of health.

UTMM
Kind Regards John  

Private Message
moss_side_mariner
September 19, 2021, 2:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Red cross record about to be shattered.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 218
GYinScuntland
September 19, 2021, 2:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
This fcuker's going to run for more than two pages and no mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 218
aussiej
September 19, 2021, 3:09am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 17
Attention seeker...  You pathetic creature!
Now watch us lose the next game after he has cast his evil spell over the club yet again...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 218
Grimsby2012
September 19, 2021, 3:38am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
I am sorry if my presence at the game yesterday offends some.

UTMM
Kind Regards John  

Thank you for your hard work John.

UTM

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 218
pizzzza
September 19, 2021, 3:53am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
No doubt your post will get the reaction that you are looking for but please do now urine off John and go find yourself another hobby.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 218
ska face
September 19, 2021, 3:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
More self indulgent shíte from the worst custodian the club has ever had. An absolute worm.

Nobody wants to hear from you while you’re bleeding the club, and even then you can fùck off into the distance hopefully never to return.

Hand back the £200k to the Trust, stop leaching transfer fees and just fúck off.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 218
grimps
September 19, 2021, 4:42am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
While I don’t believe in personal abuse and I dont believe John ever had any bad intentions your time in the seat at our club has been the worst period in the clubs history , facts are facts .
I know the ITV deal shafted us as a club and we had many other obstacles but there’s no denying the last 18 years have been our worst.

Yes you’re entitled to get your money back after having it in the club for so long but I would say that returning the shares that the trust gave to you would be a magnificent gesture
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 218
dapperz fun pub
September 19, 2021, 4:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
No do go into specific detail of proposed funding from convicted fraudster Alex may and academy funding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 218
aldi_01
September 19, 2021, 4:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Here he is…just intercourse off john, and when you’ve done that, intercourse off some more…

Nobody can defend you…

Yet more lies and nonsense too…the fact you’ve even mentioned your fraudster mate again just indicates how much of a cretin you are…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 218
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.