5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
September 16, 2021, 6:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Really enjoyed both the highlights and the extra stuff, it really looks like the club and Hurst are building something special ! Great movement and energy , well taken goals, fantastic support and that magical night match atmosphere, wish I could have been there. On to Saturday and more of the same please, it will soon difficult to get hold of a ticket, Blundell Park is the place to be again UTM
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
cmackenzie4
September 16, 2021, 7:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Three great goals and that header by waterfall I could watch all day, what I like about this team is how they are playing for each other, the manager and the fans, we’ve missed that for years, great to see us playing like this.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
crusty ole pie
September 16, 2021, 7:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from RichMariner
There’s so much to enjoy about Town these days that it’s hard to know where to begin.

Off the pitch we’ve replaced the antiquated ticketing system, which has definitely had a positive effect on attendances (although a winning team also helps). There’s the fan zone, improved catering, and that’s just the benefits we get - there’s also everything the players are getting, like improved training facilities, gym equipment, etc.

There’s so much more that I haven’t mentioned and we’ve only been under new ownership for four months!

Aside from the goals and victories, we’ve got decent highlights from the GTFC video crew plus Liam’s match day moments (which, for me, as someone who can’t make games at the moment, help me feel as though I’m there).

Everything that’s happening is bringing us closer together. The team looks tight, the fans can relate to them - again, little things like players giving their shirts to kids at the final whistle… all of it is contributing to this ‘Greater Together’ mantra.

It’s totally awesome and long may it continue. We haven’t achieved anything yet, some might say. But to me we’ve achieved the most important thing of all: valuing the fans.

We are respected again. And we’re showing up in numbers. Honestly, the positivity that’s flying around at the minute is seriously translating to the players. That much is evident. They all seem to be playing at the top of their game.

What about the glass screen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Ipswin
September 16, 2021, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Absolutely brilliant This team would be top 6 in Div 2 at the moment I just hope the manager doesn't start flipping about and tinkering with the line up. Please keep it as it is as long as possible Sousa and Taylor are superb and have an understanding already. That driven corner from Hunt was something we haven't seen for a long time. I think LJL will be back in soon but hopefully only on the bench, surely he won't interfere with things yet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2021, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Ipswin
Absolutely brilliant This team would be top 6 in Div 2 at the moment I just hope the manager doesn't start flipping about and tinkering with the line up. Please keep it as it is as long as possible Sousa and Taylor are superb and have an understanding already. That driven corner from Hunt was something we haven't seen for a long time. I think LJL will be back in soon but hopefully only on the bench, surely he won't interfere with things yet

The finish from Waterfall was brilliant. If that was Maguire or Kane, it would be in repeat constantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
September 16, 2021, 11:39am
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Can't see any reason why the Hunt-driven corner onto Waterfall's head can't be replicated each game...and it's tough to defend.

And once the opposition are expecting that, I'm sure Hunt could whip one in at the near post for Taylor to finish off.

A team with a credible threat from corners never feels out of the match - which makes them that bit harder to beat.

Win three league games in a row early season: you might well be chasing promotion later on. Lose three on the trot and a relegation dogfight likely beckons.
Win three consecutive games coming from behind each time is a bit more special, as were our goals.

And the player I got most enthusiastic about pre-season - Ben Fox - is yet to feature much,  though I'm sure he will.

Looking good to me.  
Reply: 35 - 48
Hagrid
September 16, 2021, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
sousa aint bad for a lad out his depth  

but agreed the passion and togetherness of the players is there for all to see. something PH is big on, characters and the dressing room spirit looks like he has got it spot on again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Mayaman
September 16, 2021, 11:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
I love the matchday moments.  That's the view i'd have if I weren't so far away.  Might try to get home for Christmas to get a game in.  

Waterfall's header looks better the more you watch it.  Type of header you see in those old footie mags.  No keeper was gonna stop that. In fact, he made a damn good effort.  Delivery was superb but you still have to bury it.  McAtee for me is top top drawer.  Skill, determination and team spirit. His dummy was sublime for the first goal.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Zmariner
September 16, 2021, 11:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Brilliant, just brilliant. Renewed my interest which had really been flagging.
Would be great if we could extend the loans to the end of the season but at last we seem to have a team to be proud of. It will clearly be a rocky road and in all of the division the no teams set off at the pace they do in the National League.
Six games in and several unbeaten teams!
It will be the thick end of 90 points to win this league I suspect which gives you very little breathing space and Draws are okay for the playoffs But a league winning team needs to win a lot of games. Still believe there should be three up and this should be the fifth level of the pyramid. Looking back at the history of Wrexham they have had one excellent season and it was cruel that they were not promoted. What has been magical this season, is that we actually do look a good team. It is very easy to flattered to deceive and get some good results in this league.I have only seen the home games but in each game we have played some good football And finally we look aggressive and difficult to play against. In the last few years I think we have been a physically weak team, this team is a marked contrast at that and looks ready for war in each game I have seen utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
toontown
September 16, 2021, 1:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
I do think it's odd that the chance they had which led to the double block from crookes isn't shown. Its like in the Stockport highlights were they cut out the best Stockport first half chance  for some reason.

I know club highlights will always stress what they've done well but I don't want them airbrushing games too much and besides that was really good defensive work from crookes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.