KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah

That is a thing of absolute beauty. Almost better than the highlights themselves.

Naturally, the game itself had some brilliant moments but the cinematic quality of that video at times is superb. Some fantastic angles of all the goals, but in particular Town's two in the first half. Huge respect to all involved.

Shout out in particular to the lad who had to leg it from just in front of the PA box to the corner of the Lower Findus to capture some footage of the players celebrating Max Wright's goal, all the while filming the celebrating Pontoon. You could almost feel the breathlessness.

Magnificent carnage. May this go on for as long as possible - fùcking love it.

Just watched that and I think you’re right.

3 great goals. Maxy kept his cool well. I noticed on the highlights their defender reached out to touch his back, which must have been potentially distracting. Clever trick by the defender because I can see how some players might be thinking “do I keep going or fo I go down? I’m entitled to go down” which must cause doubt in the attacker’s head and potentially throw him off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
RichMariner
September 15, 2021, 11:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
There’s so much to enjoy about Town these days that it’s hard to know where to begin.

Off the pitch we’ve replaced the antiquated ticketing system, which has definitely had a positive effect on attendances (although a winning team also helps). There’s the fan zone, improved catering, and that’s just the benefits we get - there’s also everything the players are getting, like improved training facilities, gym equipment, etc.

There’s so much more that I haven’t mentioned and we’ve only been under new ownership for four months!

Aside from the goals and victories, we’ve got decent highlights from the GTFC video crew plus Liam’s match day moments (which, for me, as someone who can’t make games at the moment, help me feel as though I’m there).

Everything that’s happening is bringing us closer together. The team looks tight, the fans can relate to them - again, little things like players giving their shirts to kids at the final whistle… all of it is contributing to this ‘Greater Together’ mantra.

It’s totally awesome and long may it continue. We haven’t achieved anything yet, some might say. But to me we’ve achieved the most important thing of all: valuing the fans.

We are respected again. And we’re showing up in numbers. Honestly, the positivity that’s flying around at the minute is seriously translating to the players. That much is evident. They all seem to be playing at the top of their game.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
hheh2
September 15, 2021, 11:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MarinerDevil
That Matchday Moments vid is the best Town content for years.  Brilliant stuff.

Think the idea came from Exeter City’s YouTube channel, great idea for so many reasons

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
ginnywings
September 15, 2021, 11:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Another good touch I noticed last night. After years of bottlenecks trying to get for a half time whiz, there are now 3 portaloos outside the end of the corridor, which reduced the numbers blocking the area around the trust bar/bottom of the stairs to the upper. Little touches that are so simple but make a big difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
mimma
September 16, 2021, 12:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Going back to the video, it was a clear foul for their goal. A tackle from behind, yes he might touch the ball, but he was always going to get the man as well. And I thought they were suppose to be clamping down on the tackle from behind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
Tommy
September 16, 2021, 12:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from arryarryarry

The club first post them on the club's youtube channel so keep an eye on that in future.

Some Wrexham fans not happy with the quality of their own clubs offering.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118297-grimsby-highlights.html

Wow. I can see why.

Picture quality is terrible. Like what channel 5 used to look like when it first came out on old tele's.

No sound on it until the clip that shows Max's goal.

And camera almost lets play slip out of view a couple of times.

Thankfully, our highlights uploads and particularly the "Matchday Moments" are quality.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
grimps
September 16, 2021, 3:08am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,108
Gold Stars: 46
All 3 of our goals would have fit in at a higher lever ,Max was cool as a cucumber with his finish.
That pass that set up their goal was also perfect .
If we see football like this every week in this league then it’ll be a great ride
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
DB
September 16, 2021, 5:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386
This thread, especially the vids which are absolutely brilliant, shows how the club has moved on from a person who thought he knew what he was doing to owners who know what they are doing. From amateur to professionals.

May the good times roll on and the last 16 years banished to the back pages of history books. The matchday moment vid shows what we now have as a club, belief by the players and a new passion from the fans, something I was brought up on decades ago.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
aldi_01
September 16, 2021, 6:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Perhaps it’s also sure to the fact that whilst people are clearly happy in their work at the club, perhaps it’s also linked to the raising standards and recognition that the fans are indeed, actually important and therefore ‘it’ll do’ isn’t good enough…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
LN8Mariner
September 16, 2021, 6:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +313
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mimma
Going back to the video, it was a clear foul for their goal. A tackle from behind, yes he might touch the ball, but he was always going to get the man as well. And I thought they were suppose to be clamping down on the tackle from behind.

I agree but the more I see the challenge for the corner for our second goal it looks like a double deflection and a goal kick so perhaps they evened out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.